1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Think They Should bring back Tent Homes?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by The Home Guild, Aug 8, 2008.

1. I'd love to see them once again.
    what do you think? If no why is that?
  2. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 11, 2008
    Housing tiles with tents in mind would be neat. Also completion of existing tile sets would really be nice.:thumbsup:
  3. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    No. Maybe have tenting as house tiles if they don't already, but let's not bring back tents. There's no need for them.
  4. Melchiah

Melchiah Guest

I'm not sure really - is there a need for them, even though they look different?

Perhaps as a set of housing tiles for the customisable houses? Even though I've played for three digits of months, I still only use classic houses...
  5. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 16, 2008
    A proper set of housing tiles to make our own tents would be fantastic, but I think I'd still love to see the real thing. A great starter home - little 7x7 or 8x8 sized tent.

I certainly don't see anything wrong with making an old item available again, it's not as if tents are harmful. Well ok, if you screw up with the tent poles or hammer a tent peg through a toe... but otherwise they're safe ;)

6. EnigmaMaitreya

EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    The issue (I think) would be the context of the Original Tents would be inconsistent with modern housing.

The original tent was, for all intents and purposes a "Public" house with NO foundation. You had a single chest that was it.

I assume they would need to give the Original Tent a Foundation. They would need to work some way to prevent people from entering (and how RPing would that be) the Tent OR assert the Tent was a Public House.

I assume they would need to give it a foundation to allow things to be locked down/secured OR they would need to assert the single chest was it, One Secure, 128 Items etc.

It would need to be cheaper than a Small Boat as for all intents and purposes it would have the same characteristics as a boat and the Small Boat is the cheapest of them.

I have nothing against the Original Tents, at one time I owned ... a LOT of them, placed side by side .......
  7. Kaj

Kaj Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Dec 23, 2007
    Also there's plenty of room for small houses on all shards, even Atlantic.

I think dev power should be used for more pressing issues, rather than obsolete housing that was removed for good reasons.
  8. Jhym

Jhym Guest

No no no no no no no no....

reason: FORESTS FULL OF TENTS. Yes, I know the placement rules are different, but running my bottom off from a mass of undead and getting stuck in tent after tent (because sometimes they wouldn't 'pop' until you were in them) made me hate them with a passion greater than a million million white hot suns.

So the answer, would be... No.

9. I agree kaj with them looking into better issues/stuff ...however i agree with posters above it would be nice to have a foundation or type of tile to make a tent with your housing. However,then we'd get complainers of the tent rubble.

I wouldn't mind a cute 8x8 or larger tent home.
  10. Emil Ispep

Emil Ispep Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 23, 2006
    Tents were done away with because people liked to block the front of their house with three tents so there was no way their key could be stolen, and house looted upon recalling to their house. (in the days long before item insurance, and lockdowns)

People complained (big suprise..) that all the tents were taking up house spots, and they were removed. I think it was more beneficial to have the tent, and set up vendors inside.

I say make placable tents, just like the old days, a 9 - 11 year veteran reward. (minus house placment restrictions, and one per account)

No you cant have it if your 5 years. You have to wait 9..

too bad!
  11. also more and kore each day land is opening everywhere unlike the past where we had an issue here on atl with no room for housing. Now anyone can find 7x7 spots and up.
  12. Fink

Fink Guest

Need? :talktothehand: If this game were reduced to "need", we'd have one combat skill, one weapon, and a beige avatar.:D

Excerpt from my Camping notes..

Also I wouldn't mind seeing tent graphics in the custom house palette, but you can bet some rubble collectors would freak out.
  13. I like those notes.
  14. Fink

Fink Guest

Thanks, they're a work in progress but that's the meat of the matter there.
  15. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 17, 2005
    personally i would rather have the options to drop my house to ground level and ditch the plot.
  16. I agree with everyone... kind of! I would like to see tents back, as a housing tile set, but I think they need to focus on the more pressing issues at this time.