1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] Documentation

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by claudia-fjp, Nov 7, 2012.

1. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Something has been bugging me about this forum. People take the time to make screenshots of the event items they want to sell and label them in the post. This creates a visual reference linking the name of an item with its picture that people can in the future find from searching. Yet a lot of people replace the item description or the final prices items sold for with simply SOLD or delete it altogether instead of just leaving that information there for future reference. Some people do leave up the pictures, descriptions, prices sold for, and these are great resources, but others delete information that is useful to the community.

2. Angel Dust

Angel Dust Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I concur, should leave prices items sold for so we can get an idea of what market value is.

Bon Iver likes this.
  3. Bon Iver

Bon Iver Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013

I know I'm not the only one who gets excited when I see an [Auction] post in the search engine for the item I'm looking for.

4. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

5. Slickjack

Slickjack Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
    Stratics Veteran

Totally agree, I leave mine up... (even though it's been a while since I had a LOT of items up)

6. Athelas

Athelas Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I leave mine up as well, but I've found an auction isn't really the best guide regarding prices. I've seen some things sell for ridiculous amounts for a million different reasons. No telling what someone will bid when their blood is up.

7. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

It's not just about the prices, they do give a general guildline though on average if current enough. It's people finding items at fallen houses years after the event and searching google looking for info, better to have them directed here to us. Also just for example going into a thread like Goodman's current one and you see something you like in the picture, but the name is missing due to it being sold and the name deleted.