1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Does +5 gloves help even if you have GM mining? NT

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Lord Kotan, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

2. I use them when smelting Gold ore and above. When actually mining I do not use them - just my preference.

3. Lilac Crypt

Lilac Crypt Guest

Yes. My miner is GM, and when she puts the gloves on, she goes to 105 mining.

I'm going with the Stratics info here:

"When a miner reaches the minimum required mining skill and is mining a colored ore vein he has a 50% chance of actually digging up the colored ore.

Over all a miner digs the same amount of ore on all spots, he only gets more or less colored ore depending on his skill."

So, if it's colored ores you're after, the more mining skill, the better. My miner does fairly well in the colored/iron ratio, and if I were not convinced someone else already tested this, I'd go mining without the gloves.

[​IMG]

4. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Hmm. I haven't tried it yet, but I remember that the gloves didn't show it go above 100? does it accutally go above 100 now?

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

yes it does.

On recycling some items, you'll get 1 more ingot back with 105 than with 100, as well.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I use them when smelting Gold ore and above. When actually mining I do not use them - just my preference.

[/ QUOTE ]

My main miner is only used for mining and has no other purpose, so has no reason to ever take off his mining gloves. But I also smelt all my ore on the fly as well.