1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anuone follow the advice from the 'UO Herald?.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Bobar, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

May 20, 2004
    The following extract is from the last info published about Thanksgiving on the Herald.

'So board up your houses, hide your children or grab your swords - Turkey day cometh and we hope you brought your appetite!'

So just as a matter of interest does anubody actually try to kill these with a sword.

I would have thought that trying to melee these would be the quick route to the fastest dirt nap in history.

Am I wrong?. Is it possible?. After my experiences with them I'm certainly not going to try.

Long live my Bard!:D
  2. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

In the Other threads, most templates can fight the turkey. I have nothing over GM, using swords, tactics,& anat, hide & heal, and I killed one using only a soulseeker, only died twice.
    Try hit & run tactics if your having problems - it Will take a while tho
  3. Babble

Babble Guest

I have not tried with a sword, but as long as they don't attack me I will not attack them... yet!
  4. WildWobble

WildWobble Sage
    Stratics Veteran

May 21, 2008
    last night on my home shard i took my mystic bard out to hunt up some fine eating. along the road near the meer i came accross a sight most grand to behold a golden turkey near full life and low and behold a dexer was tanking it all alone no xheal though a mage bard was with to lend a hand i joined in since i know them and knew i could help. about 15 min later one meer warrior paragon (which did not survive) and one lord of the ass kicking kind of dexer pollished that golden turkey. So yes a well built warrior can do them turkeys with ease. Emphisis on the words WELL BUILT!
  5. AxiamInc

AxiamInc Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Mar 5, 2009
    The turkeys are actually quite easy to kill with a sampire. Only real requirements that I've noticed.. 130+hp, and a weapon with feint is a must. Keep feint cranking, and take a couple steps away if you need when the bird slows you.

But it's been quite rare that I need to walk away as long as I have the feint buff running as constantly as possible.
  6. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 20, 2006
    I find a good bard with provo and a nice decoy a good thing to have. As you might have guessed these birds are not your average chicken on steroids. I'd estamate about 35k in hps at the very least. Unless your into long draged out swinging of metal to beak...
    go for the easy route.