1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone else do this with BODs ?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Eric Ravenwind, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Eric Ravenwind

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

I call it the BOD Reset Game.

Get an easy to fill BOD, fill it, then turn it in. You will instantly reset the timer for getting another BOD offer from the NPC in question.

So... have every character have .1 Tailoring and Blacksmith. Give the low level BODs to a GM+ Tailor/Blacksmith to turn in, and they'll get a new BOD after each fit for their level of skill - not the character with .1 skills.
    [edit] -- fixed confusing statement.

Thoughts, comments?

#1 Eric Ravenwind, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  2. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

0.1 blacksmithing skill will only get you shield BODs, I tried this with my Gatherer.

You can get a BOD, fill it, turn it in for the reward, and get another immediately, rinse & repeat. I've gone to the blacksmiths with a few thousand ingots and done several exceptional weapons BODs in a row getting Mining tools.

3. Eric Ravenwind

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

You get the BOD (whatever it is), give it to the guy with 100.0 + skill to turn in, then the guy with the GM+ skill will get a BOD suited for "their" level, not the .1 guy.

4. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

Sure, I've done it. Good way to get POF BODs

5. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper

Haven't done BODs in couple years but my system was similar :).

I would go around & buy up every/all low level (5-15 iron smalls) BODs. Complete them and throw them in a packy(s).
    Head to the smith shop on my 120smith holding a +60 ash hammer and turn them all in collecting my new BOD each time.
    I'd rinse & repeat until I ran out of crap BODs (usually in 4-5 hours) then gloat over all the good high level BODs my hard work supplied :)

6. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I have alot of old crappy bods, I can turn in if I should need new bods but I hate doing bods, I only do them, when I run out of POF or need a CDB deed

Zynia likes this.
  7. Cocaine1

Cocaine1 Seasoned Veteran

Shield Bods from 0.1 Chars with 20 pieces &Tear Kite shield or buckler(minimum ingots per 1 : 8 and 10) are bribed to 20 Gold. Normal are for PoF, Exceptional for Copper runic.
    10 & 15 Bods are also got chance to switch to 20 in progres of bribing to Gold ingots but >50% they not becomes 20 Bods.

Other bods filled with iron and transfeed to 100+ smith char to get new bod. Sometimes ppl uses only 10 pieces Bod to fill with iron.

Usualy ppl collect minimum 30-50-10 bods (iron) , then fill it with iron and rebod with GM+.

ReBoding is an old practice. >10 YO i belive.

8. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor

I used to do this with multiple accounts but it took too much time. I stopped years ago and just run one 120 smith/tailor now. I have thousands of BoDs stored on vendors but don't have the time to sort/bribe/fill them.

9. Eric Ravenwind

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Selling --> What would a BOD Book filled to max capacity (500) with completed reset BODs sell for?