1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone remember how to get down Castle British basement ?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, May 12, 2014.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I remember going down there long ago, I still have a recallection of all the chests lined up along the wall.... but I do not remember any longer how to get down there. I think I remember through the kitchens but cannot remember exactly how. Something with the ovens ?

Anyone remembers ?

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Yeah. Run around the outer walls and find the stairs down. Not that hard.

Troop likes this.
  3. popps

popps Always Present

Well, I tried, both to the right side (the kitchen side) and to the left side (where the archery is) of the throne room but saw no stairs going down. I also walked inside the external walls but neither saw any stairs going down.

Where exactly is located the entrance to the Castle British basement ?

4. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

You did not look then.

Troop likes this.
  5. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

theres a basement?

Troop likes this.
  6. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

No, Kelmo is having fun at Popp's expense.

7. popps

popps Always Present

Well, I run around all Castle 3 times and even with the circle of transparency on thinking the stairs leading down to the basement might be hidden behind a wall but nothing.

Thing is, my memory keeps telling me the entrance has got something to do with the kitchens and something to do with the ovens but I cannot remember.

Anyone does ?

8. popps

popps Always Present

But I do have a memory of it, I remember a long wall with a number of metal chests lined up along it. Is it possible that I remember something which never existed ?

And actually, I also remember getting into a Tower in Castle British where I think was Nystul (a Mage or an Alchemist NPC) but it was way too much time ago to remember how I did. This was all in the now called Felucca facet as back then it was the only one existing....
    I should even have marked runes to these places somewhere that no longer work as it now is the Britannian Stronghold.....

9. Muck

Muck Journeyman

Maybe you're thinking of that Yew Courtyard Basement?

10. popps

popps Always Present

Don't think... I wished I had saved a screenshot of it just to check out whether my memory is making it up or I do really remember it. It was quite a line of metal chests and I think I remember training lockpicking there back then... I also have this thing of the kitchens and the ovens like one had to interact somehow with one of the ovens to access it but I could be mixing up different memories as it is a long time since this all happened......

11. Nails Warstein

Nails Warstein Rares Festival Silent Auctioneer
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron Ultima Broker

Maybe you are thinking behind the stairs in the Warriors Guild, first floor?

12. Muck

Muck Journeyman

I might have found it... there are stairs behind his throne! (See Picture in attachment)
    (I'm at work right now, cant check it)

Attached Files:

13. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Storm likes this.
  14. a slave girl

Stratics Veteran

We could go behind the throne in the past, sort of behind the walls, but they plexi-glassed the throne area off to prevent player interference during EM events, so I don't think we can get back there anymore.

That may be what you are remembering.

15. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot

Yes, the kitchen. You turn on the gas oven and then open it. Stick your head into the oven and after 20 minutes if you are still conscious, strick a match and you will be teleported to the basement.

Lady CaT likes this.
  16. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Yes this is exactly right. That hole was contained later and has never worked since. It was when we went and killed all the rats down there and got all the copper, silver and gold pieces. Which I still have several of... but that was for an event ages ago and the way is shut.

startle and kelmo like this.
  17. Dot_Warner

Sigh.

The area under the castle has never been accessible to players, though NPCs have been stored down there (Sherry's friend from Trinsic, for example). There is NO secret entrance. (I have heard from EMs that the area has severe movement issues)

The "stairs" behind the throne end at the floor just like the ones at the front.

The mouse holes in the castle just teleported polymorphed players to other holes, they never led anywhere new.

The coins came from the rats in the Britain sewers.

18. popps

popps Always Present

Well, I can't help but having these mixed up memories of doing something in Castle British kitchen and then accessing this area with a long wall and lots of metal chests alined along it....... ain't it strange that in the whole Castle British currently there is no large treasure with a large cash of vaults which a royal Castle would normally have ?

Also, I do remember at some point getting into Castle British Tower, where there was, this I cannot recall exactly, Nystul.

Well, it looks my memory is not yet to be thrown away, at least not totally...... doing a search I found this paragraph http://uo.stratics.com/secrets/uo2/britain2.shtml.......
    At least for the Tower I was not remembering so wrong.... andI did get inside it.....

So, perhaps there really was also a basement large Treasury down at Castle British, at least a long time ago.....

19. Dot_Warner

That's just a story...apparently about UO2...so not even remotely relevant. The vault of British's castle has only ever been mentioned in stories, never actually seen.

I think you're remembering the "deep sewer," which was accessible during the rat infestation. It still IS accessible, if you know the password and like to die a lot...

The tower you're thinking of is in Fel. Nystul had the top floor of the northern tower as you enter the castle proper on most shards. If you're in TB, you should still be able to see the decoration. There is no current way into that room.

20. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

21. Kayne.

Kayne. Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Popps. No.