1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone remember when the black rock detector project began?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by imported_GalenKnighthawke, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Does anyone remember when the black rock detector project began?

Even a month and year would be helpful.

I'm looking for an important RP record on the LS shard relating to it. And I can't remember even the month and year for the life of me.

-Galen's player
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

It was last year, before the KR launch.. that much I can remember. Check around then for news posts and such.

Might have started the end of the previous year even.. you'll want to check from around October 2006 - April 2007.
  3. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Apr 22, 2004

Guest Guest

5. <blockquote><hr>

That was the Magincia event, not the blackrock detector.

From June 21, 2007 (thank you Gildar, I had forgotten there were BNN archives).

[/ QUOTE ]

So did I! Or I could have avoided making you do my work for me.

Many thanks!

-Galen's player
  6. Sir_Bolo

Sir_Bolo Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 17, 2003
    Actually the date in the article is January 12, 2007.
    More than one year since this event was started [​IMG]
  7. BNN update:

Blackrock Detector To Be Unveiled!
    Anderson the Scribe Mar <font color=red>27 2008</font color=red> 4:20PM

“After initially losing funding from the Mage’s Council in Moonglow, progress on the "blackrock detection machine" resumed late last month with government intervention, and is finally nearing completion. Despite fears of the dangers involved in working with the still-mysterious substance, officials agree on the necessity of knowing where it is. Captain Avery, of the militia, made the following statement:

"After the destruction of Haven, we are taking any activity involving blackrock extremely seriously. After thorough and careful review, the Royal Council has agreed to authorize the completion and use of the blackrock detector to ensure the continued safety of Britannia."

The mage Kronos, Director of Alchemical Studies and the chief mage on the project, was unavailable for comment. His apprentice Dexter assured the BNN that, despite the delays, work on the project is going smoothly and they do not expect any snags.