1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Does dex affect bard skills?

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by Nightryu, May 30, 2009.

1. Nightryu

Nightryu Guest

Sorry, I know this is a stupid question but I have searched many forums and essays and can't find the answer. Last time I played was when AoS came out and I recall that it used to make a difference back then. Does it still?

Thanks!

2. Not that I can tell. I have a bard/tamer with just 15 dex and doing just fine. My success rates are pretty much on the mark. I don't believe there is anything in the description either related to Dex and barding.

3. It doesn't affect Bard skills.

Though I think either Dex or Stamina have something something to do with the Fire Horn delay.

4. I checked Stratics, UOHerald and UOGuide and couldn't find anything related to firehorns and stamina affecting the casting delay. It's possible that it does, I just can't find the info. I thought it was a fixed delay and if it is not it would be nice to have a reference link if you have one.

5. Nothing official, I was just remembering an old post.

See post 20:
    http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=123888

The guy, apparently playing a 480 pts Bard specifically for the Fire Horn, says low Dex/Stam lets you 'catch your breath' quicker than high Dex/Stam.