1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Does fame/karma factor into getting pieces from the Anti-Virtue Dungeons?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Maximilliean, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Maximilliean

Maximilliean Guest

I was just wandering if a characters fame and karma has anything to do with the anti-virtue drops. I have been working on a new archery and yes I'm old fashioned and prefer to hunt creatures to build my skills rather than use golems. So my new archer has been killing things in the Despise, Shame, and Coventous for awhile and has got nothing. I have also used my Thief and my Necro/Mage in Despise, Deceit and Shame also resulting in nothing. Then there is my was Glorious now Glorious Lord Pally/Bush/Macer and he has gotten 4 drops. One of the red colored order shields (cant think of the name) like 15 minutes after I RETURNED to the game, an anhk pendant a few days later and finally the legs and breastplate of the armor. The legs dropped on a troll that was standing next to my recall spot for the Ogre Lords and was also the first monster killed by him that day. The breastplate dropped sometime later on that run. Does the RNG gods just hate evil or new characters????
  2. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    I'm pretty sure the char's fame and karma doesn't effect the drop rate, only the fame level of what your killing. I've gotten gotten several pieces from training chars in despise killing ettins. Then I've gotten a whole bunch from doing the despise champ spawn on a necro. I think I've given two or three full suits minus the cape to a guild on my shard that helps new players.
  3. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

YOUR reputation does not count ... Kellgory has it right.

The trick is to kill the highest fame critters you can for a while then tackle the top of Despise or something and kill, kill, kill. keep repeating and eventually you will get a drop.
  4. Maximilliean

Maximilliean Guest

Ok thanks. I knew it the RNG gods just don't like my new or evil characters.
  5. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Mar 19, 2003
    Don't feel bad, the RNG doesn't like any of my characters.
  6. Maximilliean

Maximilliean Guest

Oh about an hour after posting that the new archery got a map of the known world.