1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Does fast cast work anymore?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Trebr Drab, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

I'm comparing casting spells with a total of fast cast 3 on, against none. Using the target curser and timing it with the animation, I can't see a difference. Doing this in my house with no spawn around, no lag.

2. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Do you have protection on?

3. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

I don't have a date tonight, no.

Oh! No, I turned that off.

4. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

I don't know, there might be a slight difference. Certainly doesn't seem worth it though if there is.

5. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

It's extremely worth it in a PvP situation though.

6. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Having the protection spell casted is quite noticeable versus having it off. You get zero FC with protection on.

7. rareitem

rareitem Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

what is you ping??

8. Smokin

Smokin Guest

I have been kind of thinking the same thing, it just seems to not be as fast as it use too. But it could be that the new monsters seem to cast more and they are not as dumb.

9. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Ping is fine, I did it in my house so I could time it easily. So monsters didn't affect it any either.

I much prefer it this way, I like small bonuses because it makes for much better balance between templates and also makes player decisions more the focus rather than game mechanics for success. If only all things were this way in UO.

Right now, since I will not build uber templates just because the game tells me I have to, since I resent unbalanced uberness in my games, I am having a lot of trouble finding a success with my choices. I hope that will be fixed at some point in the near future, because new players will only leave when they constantly find out the same thing. It's not good for UO to have 2 or 3 set templates that dominate. It also removes a lot of fun potential. A big thing to me is that there could be lots of crossover in templates for a very, very wide variety of options and fun. But not with the big end bonuses we have today.

Sorry to start ranting, I was in a flow.