1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Does high magery/necromancer have any benefit aside from casting success?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by GNecromancer, Apr 25, 2008.

1. GNecromancer

GNecromancer Guest

Between 100 and 120 magery or necromancy, is there any benefit other than the success rate of casting spells?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

you should ask this in the mage forum.

3. I think Magery also affects how much you heal too & the success of poison (offset against the targets resist spells).

Other than that no, Magery is the success chance Eval is the damage. Necro is the success chance, SS is the damage. Similar to weapons really Swords is your hit/defend, tactics is your damage.

4. 120 necro vs 110 will equal one tile extra to withers. it will also add to the duration of certain spells.

5. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

magery i think kicks in for when inscribing spell books also on return of decent book!

6. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I think Magery also affects how much you heal too &amp; the success of poison (offset against the targets resist spells).

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

magery i think kicks in for when inscribing spell books also on return of decent book!

[/ QUOTE ]

Magery is also Used to determine the damage Mindblast does.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Magery also determines how long your summons and fields last.

8. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Yes...

Magery and eval at numbers over 100 both add to the chance of more/better properties on crafted Magery spellbooks. It is best for a scribe that intends to make books to have 120 in both (especially if one is going to craft Scrapper's Compendiums)

9. <blockquote><hr>

Yes...

Magery and eval at numbers over 100 both add to the chance of more/better properties on crafted Magery spellbooks. It is best for a scribe that intends to make books to have 120 in both (especially if one is going to craft Scrapper's Compendiums)

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when does eval have an effect on properties when crafting spellbooks?

10. Guest

Guest Guest

"Since when does eval have an effect on properties when crafting spellbooks?"

It doesn't. Only Magery affects the properties on crafted Spellbooks.

11. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I seem to remember quite the contrary being stated when they were introduced.

Otherwise I'd never have brought it up...