1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

does higher stealth over 100 make you harder to passive detect??

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by aarons6, Feb 21, 2011.

1. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

what about tracking and detect hidden?

my 100 hiding and 110 stealther seems to get detected any time anyone passes over me.
    he is an elf.. suppose to be hard to detect?

2. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I don't know about passive detect (doesn't exist on siege, and haven't had an active thief on prodo since before pub5) but tracking is made harder by higher stealth skill.

3. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

I've not seen a difference between 120 stealth and 75 (min needed to move 100% in light armor) myself.

4. Nonel

Nonel Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

If GM+ stealth helps prevent passive reveal at all, it's negligible.

Though it works wonders against your chance to reveal from damage (120 stealth can hold out well against DP), and makes it damned hard to track you with JOAT.

5. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

I lock stealth at 75, run a Burglar's Bandana, Shadow Dancers, an Oak Leaf Cloak + the last 10 on a Ring or Bracelet for 120..... As to being hard to Track with JOAT... That's what elves are for...