1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

does hitspell break paralyze special move?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Max Blackoak, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Max Blackoak

Stratics Veteran

as there were different opinions whether hitspell breaks paralyze special move in another thread, i am looking for your experience with this issue.

some claimed only magic arrow and fireball would break para, while lightning and harm won't.

me myself i believe all hitspells do.

others implied that this was not meant to be and hitspell were not supposed to break it at all by design.

any info on this?

2. Skwiz

Skwiz Guest

Harm and lightning are instant.. meaning they hit before the arrow.. so no Harm/Lightning will not break para... they will however hit disrupt any "Frozen"
    Affect they are doing themselves.. Aka Spells Spirit speak.. ect.. So with Thoes two spell procs you will never get the "That target is already frozen" message when trying to para shot someone.. IF your spell procs on the shot..
    :thumbup1:

3. According to Stratics the Paralyzing Blow Special Ability lasts 3 seconds against players and 6 seconds against NPC's and does not break by being hit again within that time frame.

4. From ea.com

Paralyzing Blow
    Effect: A successful Paralyzing Blow will leave the target stunned, unable to move, attack, or cast spells, for a few seconds.
    Mana Cost: 30
    Note: Duration is 3 seconds (player), 6 seconds(NPC). The 3(6) second duration is not broken by combat damage the way the paralyze spell is.

I think 2 people just need to test it out and give us their feed back.

5. Max Blackoak

Stratics Veteran

yeah lets test it...anybody wanna go to testcenter with me?

6. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

paralzye speacil is just like paralyze spell, once you get hit by something its gone.

I really dont need to test it beacuse i know since ive been using it past few days

Magic arrow and fireball are delayed spells, they aren't DD spells they are bolt spells, bolt spells shoot at you like an arrow(magic arrow, fireball, energy bolt), and take a bit of time after the hit spell goes off to hit the person, thast why it breaks the paralyze

spells like lightning and harm are DD spells, direct damage, which means when the spell is procd on the weapon the damage is dealt directly to the person. These spells DO NOT mess up paralyze

Just grab a few weapons its not hard to test.

7. Max Blackoak

Stratics Veteran

thx for the info

8. Mystikal GIL

Mystikal GIL Guest

Goodguy is right.

9. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Remember when people used spears all the time? para para para AI dead. HAR.