1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Does it lower the value of an artie if...

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Bob_the_fart_guy, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Bob_the_fart_guy

Bob_the_fart_guy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I've heard both sides of the argument. Do you feel that it lowers the value of an artifact if it has been dyed?

If say there is a vendor that is selling 2 identical complete sorcerers suits, one is the original blue, and the other has been dyed black. Would you feel one is worth more than the other?

2. rajadeah

rajadeah Guest

I have always found the original colored high end items sell much faster. So if giving a choice on those suits I would buy the blue one.

3. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I want to know how you dyed a sorcerers suit, not even tokuno dyes worked when I tried on mine.

4. rajadeah

rajadeah Guest

Me? I have no idea, I have never even attempted to dye one. I was talking about high end items in a general sense.

5. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Probably a leather dye tub for the sorc suit... but either way - what's the point in dying a set? They change color once you put them on the last piece anyway.

For me, it would depend on what color it was dyed, what color it was originally, and what character the item was for. I would only pay a premium for the colored one if it was the correct color, and would not pay as much for a colored one as I would an uncolored one if the uncolored version would fit my suit better.
    If it wasn't for a suit, but for decoration, I would probably not even consider buying a dyed one.

6. Bob_the_fart_guy

I was actually considering dying a sorcerers suit. And was just curious if anyone thought it would be a bad idea.

I'd like to dye it black (or at least as close to black as I can) I mean...I could always use bleach on it I suppose.

Thank you for the feedback.

7. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Is there a sorcerer's set in the ML Sets? I was thinking of the Sorcerer's suit you got for 600k ticket points in spring cleaning, those are not dyable in any way that I know of. They are neon blue.

8. Bob_the_fart_guy

Yes that is the suit I speak of. It is very blue. I was thinking of dying it black. Have you tried to use a leather dye tub on it? Or the Black tub on it?