1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] Does it matter where I unravel ?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Umfufu, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Umfufu

Umfufu Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I have been asking this question to several peoples, and I get both Ye and Nay answers so I thought to ask here.

Does it make any difference if I unravel at the Queens Forge or just at Home?

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Everything I've heard before says that the Queen's Forge gives a bonus (and the public forge outside gives a bonus, but 1/3 that of the QF)

3. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I've noticed an increase in relics after changing my imbuer to gargoyle and using the queen's forge.

4. Umfufu

Umfufu Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I know for Imbue itself the Public & Queens Forge give thier own bonuses.
    I also know that a Gargoyle has bonus to Imbue itself too.

What is not stated anywhere is if this applies to unravelling.
    All articles I have read sofar only imply the bonuses apply to Imbuing.

As I cannot unravel the exact same loot twice, it is hard for me to verify for myself that any Race or Forge bonuses apply to unravel, making it unclear if it matters at all where you unravel loot.

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Testing with artifacts (which are the same item every time) long ago confirmed that unraveling gets the bonus from the forge - otherwise Gargoyles couldn't unravel 400-intensity items for relics, when the other races are limited to 450 intensity items giving relics at a home forge.