1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] Does Item ID still affect unravelling?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Chalce, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Chalce

Chalce Guest

I don't see it anywhere except in some older posts here. Thanks.

2. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It allows you to determine what an item will unravel to, but it's not 100% accurate. If you check the enhanced client forum, there is a a mod that you can use with the enhanced client that gives you this information without using the item id skill.

3. [JD]

[JD] Guest

its the copper enhanced mod by mcdermott. just look for any of his posts in the ec discussion forum and follow the link on his sig

4. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Item ID has been sent to a soulstone to gather cobwebs by me - again. A once useable skill was made worthless years ago then briefly made useful again with the advent of Imbuing. I actually got quite a few relic frags by Item IDing vendor goods for 50gp - 2,000 gp ! But with all the changes made to imbuing and EC, this skill is neither accurate nor necessary anymore.

5. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I dont use the enhanced client and probably never will (its just ugly and boxy)

Anyway, does item id still work, and about how inaccurate is it? and, does the level of item id affect it accuracy (when i did it before i just used 50, and id things with a few tries, easier than leveling it)

thanks

6. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I forget what the exact weight cutoff is for the essence and relic frags, but you can also just look at your Insurance item menu and see an items weight there, to get a reasonable idea.