1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Does luck affect mining at all?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by imported_xStrikerx, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Does high luck produce more colored ore, gems, or blackrock?
  2. Reinzeld

Reinzeld Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Aug 11, 2004
    I've heard that the answer is no, but honestly couldn't say with any certainty.

It might be logical to assume it's no, however. Doesn't luck just basically ramp up the odds of "special" treasure on monsters (the "special" treasure listed in the Hunter's Guide, I mean), and increase the mods on magic items found as loot?
  3. Jhym

Jhym Guest

Nope. Completely, unalterably, inaccessibly random.

Though if you spawn an ore elemental and kill it with high luck you SHOULD get better loot.

I have seen one or two small bumps now and then, but my garg axes are being fickle these days and I haven't gotten as many recently.
  4. Lilac Crypt

Lilac Crypt Guest

My miner runs about with 800 luck, and if I'm smart enough to remember to hit the luck statue, it increases. Ore elementals STILL have horrible loot.. bad, bad and really bad.

I complained about it once, and got slapped down with the reasoning that the ore should be the reward. If so.. why do they carry other stuff that LOOKS like what should be lootable items?

As far as gems and such go.. nope. No bonus for luck.