1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Does luck affect quest rewards?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Furiousg3orge, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Question's in the title
  2. No not ToTs I'm talking about the quest rewards from heartwood quests like the rings, bows, and bracelets they give as completed querst rewards
  3. OH, I'm sorry... I misunderstood your questions. This was also discussed, but it has been a long time ago.

This is based on my observations:

The short answer is, yes. It does help, but indirectly. Increased luck will not raise the chance to get the heartwood rewards, but it does increase the intensity of the items that drop (talis and jewelry mods for example) AND it will increase the odds of getting 2 or 3 items, instead of 1 or 2 items in each bag. Because of that increased number of items, it increases the chance that one of those items is a quest reward, albeit not a huge chance increase. Still, because of the better item mods, it is well worth wearing high luck for quests.

By the way, for longer quests you do not need to wear the luck except when redeeming the reward. For example, getting the Minax Orders from the Citadel and then turning it in, you only need the high luck when turning the deed in.
  4. Funny, I could swear on it; that we've been told time and time again that luck only affects what we loot from kills; specifically that it sometimes makes extra items spawn, and/or extra properties on the items, and/or boosts up the intensities of item properties ... found on the corpses of a kill, and nowhere else.

Outside that, I thought, lies only false rumor and random number generator flukes.
  5. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

6. Yep... it does. I get better mod drops without a doubt with high luck on the Heartwood quests. I also get more items on average.

Ya, well... the RNG is the supreme ruler of all drops.