1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Question) Does luck effect...

Discussion in 'UO Baja' started by azmodanb, Feb 14, 2014.

1. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Drops in shame.. or can I just farm with my mage.. probably does... just curious if ill get less cursed and briddle

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

It should effect drops in all of the dungeons with the shame style loot system. However some people will say different. Its not very clear how luck works and many people will say its broken. I've tried with and without luck on various suits. Most of the stuff I pull up is either brittle/cursed/cannot repair etc.

However if you check out the trade section of stratics you can find some amazing loot people have farmed and earn good money from doing so.

3. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

yeah.. figured... thanks.. did not notice a huge difference on my toon .. with or w/o a luck suit. maybe ill rip one out for my mage just to be safe. Ty

4. Laura_Gold

Laura_Gold Adventurer

With luck applied you get slightly more gold, and items with higher intensity properties and a possibility of more properties, in other words a chance at getting something better than a "major magic item" or "lesser artifact."
    I don't think it affects the cursed / luck-100 / brittle / cannot be repaired. For those I think you have to fight higher quality monsters, e.g. Cora, or the Despise corrupted wisp. I don't know how "higher quality monster" is calculated. Might be fame or karma or number of hitpoints or even assigned independently of those.