1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Does residue have any real use besides training

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lord Chaos, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

In larger quantities...imbuing costs a little residue, but not much and I have thousands of residue. Would be nice if there was something to use it for besides training.

2. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

You could use a lot of it to obtain lots of low-value imbuing power scrolls and then use scrolls of binding to bundle those power scrolls and eventually get one or more 120 imbuing power scrolls.

3. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Yup, it would be nice if imbuing luck, LRC, resists, slayers and hit area effects used residues instead of the relics.

Erm...wait a min...ohhh...they do!

http://www.uoguide.com/Magical_Residue

4. Aerodice

Aerodice Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

If you turn it in to the quest by the soul forge in ter mur, I believe you also get a chance of a runic hammer and chisel drop. If not, you can still combine the power scroll rewards or sell them off.

You can also sell the residue itself, to people who are training. People pay tons of gold to shortcut imbuing training.

5. PASmountaindew

PASmountaindew Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I think a Legendary Artificer (120 Imbuing) should be able to combine residue to form an essence and then combine essence to form a relic fragment. Maybe something like a 5:1 ration. 5 residue turns into 1 essence and then 5 essence turns into 1 relic fragment. They can adjust the ratios to what works better but these are just examples.

6. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

Thats a good idea.

7. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

You can always give them to me.

8. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

80% of my properties imbued are ones that use Residue.

If anything, ESSENCE is the one that is practically unused.

9. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Bad ideal. I can see the bots grinding away now. Relics are hard to get and should stay that way. Anyone selling them is a hack and buying it off vendors supports the drive for more game abuse.

Any true Imbuer will tell you that the PoF is the big hurdle. If anything the crusty old BoD reward system is way overdue a look over.

10. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Residue is only plentyful because it comes from anything. That said it is clearly needed for making anything.

Since it's the easiest to have plenty of I burn through it when making stuff as I wait to use it last(as any smart person would). Let's not start a nerf residue thread just to bump a useless post count.