1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Does the *calendar of events* work ?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by QueenZen, Jun 2, 2009.

1. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Just wondering if the calendar for any shards' events is working or not ?

Normally we here on Siege have so few events that it oft does not matter, but now suddenly we seem to be possibly getting quite a few upcoming events. And while the hosting parties of said events may post it, in the end their post ends up on page 2, 3, 4 or lost since this shard is so active at posting that which is posted as an announcement today...can be on page 10 by morning and then possibly forgotten.

Is there a way to get all our events ONTO the calendar of events again..or to make a STICKY of *Siege Events for the month of* kind of sticky post, and then have it cleared out at the end of every month with the new months events maybe posted in sticky thread ?

Otherwise no matter how well intended folks events and posting may be, we all post so much so often all their announcements get lost on the back pages and maybe forgotten or dates and times confused for those wishing to attend.

It appears we may have return of Auctions, a Wedding, return of Story Night in the Shire, possibly return of fight nights in Stonehaven, upcoming chicken fights, and A WAR.............. WE ARE GONNA LOOSE SIGHT OF The times and dates darn soon if we do not get a place for those hosting to put these events in ONE spot that does not get lost on the back pages of Siege forum.

I would like whomevers events to be seen daily till they are hosted and so we do not loose sight of these events on *the back pages* till we forget we were offered these events to attend cuz...they lost on the back 40 pages of Siege forum. And the hosts surely can not keep trying to BUMP their event announcement every day either.

IS there something we can do to get EVENTS in one place on the FRONT PAGE and keep em there per month ?

2. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Sure do,right after ea/myth fixes uo,just hold your breathe and theyll almost be done...

3. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Player run events are not even held by EA...WE host those and I do not want our active Siege Shard players or myself even to not be attending cuz a guild or host of an event posted said event...and we all blather so much posting daily that their event is lost on the back 40 and we all forget then to attend or when TO attend.

EA has nothing to DO with our players actively pursuing things that are befitting adding life to SIEGE shard, via events for players to attend, NOPE. WE the customers, do that ourselves.

4. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

I was comparing...sorta like saying hell will freeze over when you write less then 3 paragraphs of replies...this is where you chime in and say hell has nothing to do with your writing...see my point?

5. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

WUT you missed my 3 symbol post to Sweeney pointing UP to the nice sig Skylark made for him ??

I DO post very short at times ... tis not my fault when... U or others...entirely, MISS EM !

:)

:danceb:

6. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

:thumbsup:

7. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

WUT you missed my 3 symbol post to Sweeney ^^^ pointing UP to the nice sig Skylark made for him ??

I DO post very short at times ... tis not my fault when... U or others...entirely, MISS EM !

:)

:danceb:

8. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

OK THAT WAS NOT MY FAULT...dbl post cuz Stratics lagged... still it is BRIEF 2x.

9. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

10. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

yes, the calendar works, however it doesn't show on the list that there are posts on it, so you have to actually click on it to get it to show.

And I haven't gone through altering all the shard calendar links to make them all show June yet.

11. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Anytime I or Hoffs have submitted an event, it never shows up, even after clicking on the calendar. We were told before that it was borked. . . Is it now fixed and for how long has it been fixed?

12. Petra Fyde

hmm, as I understand it, it should be working. Events posted to it are supposed to automatically trigger an email to the board mods so that they can double check it meets the criteria, ie open for the whole shard and not just a select group, then approve it. If someone would like to post a test event I'll see if the mail actually arrives, and if not, try to track down the problem.

13. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Done, I submitted Fanta's auction.

I also submitted the last time we had the werewolf event which was a few weeks ago. . . did you ever see an email for that?

14. Petra Fyde

15. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

ah, well at least it's sorted now. Thanks Petra!

16. Petra Fyde

Confirmation, this is now working, got the email for the wedding and approved it.

17. shipwrek

shipwrek Guest

The server war events might be appropriate as well

18. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Thank you Petra, for looking into and correcting the issue, for us all.

:thumbsup:

19. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I looked at the Event calendar for Siege Perilous...
    I see a single event on the 4th, 5th, and the 6th.
    *stares*
    Yahaxithonix

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!