1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Tinkering] Does the spyglasses quest give tinker recipes too?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Hulk Hogan, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Hulk Hogan

Hulk Hogan Guest

All I've been getting from the spyglasses quest are tailoring recipes, even some rare ones, but zero tinker recipes yet. I've gotten one tinker recipe on beer goggles, but I'm trying to train my tinkering/mining while earning tinkering recipes with spyglasses...can anyone confirm that the spyglasses quest gives tinkering recipes as well? Thanks.

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

IT should - I only did spyglass & tinker tool quests, and got what tinker recipes I have from them.

3. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I GM'd tinkering on several chars by working my way through the heartwood quests and I do believe there was one item, it could have been the spyglasses, that I didn't receive tinkering scrolls. I'm pretty sure I was able to get all the scrolls I needed just by doing the tinker tool quest.

4. Kariny

Kariny UO Lake Superior News Reporter
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

That's how I gm'ed my tinker. The windchimes, spyglasses, keg taps, etc in Heartwood. They all give recipes and those give the pendant of the magi, resilient bracer, and another rare recipe.

I think if it wasn't for heartwood I wouldn't have bothered with GM on my crafters. I turned around and sold my multiple recipes and talis I didn't want. Gave my crafter a way to earn some extra gold.