1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Carpentry] Does the woodworker's bench take you above cap?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Deception, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Deception

Deception Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

http://www.uogamecodes.com/store/prod_detail.asp?ProdID=UOWWB&CartID={7E020570-0653-4B80-AA6C-508B49D694F4}&PromoID=996

Would this item make your skill 105 and increase your chance of enhancing? If this would help me with those post-imbue enhances I would seriously look to purchase one.

2. AxiamInc

AxiamInc Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I just received one of these as a gift a few days back. Had been looking to buy one for weeks prior to getting it.

It does not take you to 105 carp skill when used. BUT.. The craft bonus, and exceptional bonus DO stack on top of any talisman that you use.

So in my opinion, it is still worth getting one for people that are crafting and enhancing woodland sets. May only be a 3% bonus, but in the long run that could save a load of resources if you do a lot of the sets.

3. Deception

Deception Sage

How would this bonus help with enhancing? I'm not the most experienced crafter around, but looking to get any edge I can get in making my new armor suit. Buying ingredients will dry your pockets quick.

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Probably wouldn't work with enhancing.

Talismans don't, and the two skills that actually go over 100 actually only give a bonus to enhancing for each 10 points of skill over 100 (which is why it's best to save ASH+60s and +30s for enhancing only, since all smith items can be crafted 100% exceptional with a +15 ASH and a good talisman)

5. Deception

Deception Sage

Well damn. Where is my ancient saw +60? =[

Thanks for the responses.

6. AxiamInc

AxiamInc Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I worded that a little incorrectly. Sorry.

Definitely helps when crafting items. Really not sure about the carp bonus helping with enhancing. I personally haven't read word one way or another about it helping.

I'm sure someone else here would know better than I on that topic.

7. Ox AO

Ox AO Grand Poobah

I am using a friends table. They work like a tailsman. if you have a tailsman of 30% the table will not do you any good.

They have a cool down period that is just annoying.
    It takes 45 minutes ON-LINE before you can hit it again.