1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Does UOAssist not work with UO anymore?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Dan123The123Man, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Dan123The123Man

Dan123The123Man Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

For some reason I can't get my UOAssist to work with UO anymore. I restarted and obviously I have internet, but this is what it's saying:

"
    Unable to Locate the UpdateAce servers
    UpdateAce could not locate the update servers (updater.updateace.com).
    Most likely you are not connected to the internet or your DNS service is not setup correctly.
    Please connect to the internet if not connected and try again.
    If your DNS service is not setup correctly you will have trouble visiting web sites as well. Contact your ISP if you need help setting up DNS.

Error #1 = 00002AFC
    Error #2 = 00002AFC

"

2. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

No, UOA cannot connect to the internet to update, nothing to do with UO

Could be a bad hop or router between you and updateace

*edit* their server is down wont work for me either

3. mikni

mikni Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Works for me, using it right now.
    But I don't know how to fix your problem.

4. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Once or twice a year, this happens for a day or two, and the reaction is panic that either UO Assist or even UO itself has been shut down or is on the verge of being shut down.

Then whatever problem there is with UO Assist's update servers is fixed and things go back to normal.

Change it to only check for updates once a day until the problem is corrected.

Thank you UO Assist for all the many years of reliable operation.

-Galen's player

Sevin0oo0 and kRUXCg7 like this.
  5. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I've yet to get UOAssist to load since they updated the client, pretty much given up at this point.

6. Shelra

Shelra Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Raptor, go to Tugsoft Help (UOAssist) - he's also very helpful when you email him if you are unable to fix the problem via webpage troubleshooting.
    Like Galen, this also happens to me every so often, I just wait it out and eventually it comes back online.

"Thank you UO Assist for all the many years of reliable operation." - Galen :cool:

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  7. Weezie

Weezie Guest

I had the same problem. when logging in to uo assist go to the ? mark at the bottom right. Try to put in your old key an seed an register. that worked for me. I am able to use it but to fully like i use to be able to.
    thanks hope it helps

8. Dan123The123Man

Dan123The123Man Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

EDIT: Sorry I didnt post earlier but if you simply IGNORE the message I posted in the first post and click Continue or "OK" then it loads the UO screen, once you login UOAssist functions correctly. I don't know why I still get that message everytime I load up UOAssist but it does in fact function CORRECTLY, regardless of the message.