1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Dogs cant kill Elder Grazers anymore?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DVDA, Oct 23, 2009.

1. DVDA

DVDA Guest

What the heck? was there a patch i wasnt aware of?

I havent done Elder Gazers in a long time, so today I take my dog and 2 Elder Gazers DESTROY us.

My dog is GM all the way down and I usually have no problem wtih Grazers, what happened?

2. maroite

maroite Guest

Did you lore them? I haven't killed one in a long time either. I usually run by them when going to the Valor forest to look at dragons.

3. DVDA

DVDA Guest

I attacked them like i normally would and my Dog got OWNED

4. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Wait, is it grazers or glazers? Cows or donut artisans?

5. DVDA

DVDA Guest

Elder Gazers, I fixed my original post, sorry alittle wacked out

6. maroite

maroite Guest

Gazers... as in beholders? ... one giant eye, many tenticled eyed monsters that shoot de ath rays at you? Well... in other fiction.

Maybe if glazers did this, people would stop eating donuts. ;p

7. Risk vs reward my friend, risk vs reward ... ;)

8. maroite

maroite Guest

Eat it before it fries you? lol

Customer: "Yeah I'll take two glaz.. zzzzAAAAAPPP OMG! IT KILLED FRED!"

9. DVDA

DVDA Guest

Ok on a side Note, will Eder GAZERS get my Dog's resist spell back up to 100.0 from 99.9? or do a need creatures more powerful now-a-days

10. maroite

maroite Guest

If it casts spells that the dog can resist and has a high magery/eval int I would say yes.

But if the gazer DESTROYED you and your dog... I don't think going back would be smart... Just saying.

11. DVDA

DVDA Guest

Nevermind, I answered my own question by getting a gain....there is something definetly up with GAZERS though....I havent fought them in over a year but they were never this powerful

Before I would rarely heal my dog, now he is getting beat up

12. DVDA

DVDA Guest

Yeah i went back, it is weird some of them get killed in 1-2 hits, the others pack a punch and take forever to die (when i got killed, it appears I got 2 of the tough ones at once)

13. maroite

maroite Guest

eh... are the ones that pack a punch paragons? lol

Where are you killing them?

14. DVDA

DVDA Guest

Nah all normal

I have no idea, i have rune marked as "Elder Gazer Room," dont know when i marked it, but I have been using it forever

Its a hallway where only 2 ever spawn so you cant get out numbered (occasional fire element)

15. maroite

maroite Guest

Huh no clue, maybe gazers have high cold/energy resists and some that spawn just have really high?

16. insanepete

insanepete Guest

think that room is in shame...

17. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

It is. I also have a rune there and that is where I bring untrained Cu's to get them beefed up a little. I haven't been in 2 weeks or so because I am working on my current Cu's healing but I never had any problems with them eating my Cu. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but OP, your Cu must be on the low end of the spectrum :lol:

18. Elaysia

Elaysia Guest

Nah, I have noticed it on many other creatures. I haven't played in about that long, so I have noticed it big time as well. Seems like everything got a boost since I've played last.

19. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Spectral Spellbinders, 4 mins max

20. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I used to really like killing those things.

21. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I've not been there for a while, so I can't comment on this change, except to say I can see why they would change it. Almost every time I did pass through there I'd find a dog all alone in the room with either no owner in sight, or the owner standing comfortably safe in the corridor, outside the room his/her pet was fighting in. I would hazard a guess that the number of calls to gms regarding the situation probably goes into 3 figures.

22. Surgeries

Surgeries Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

That was FUNNY.

Great way to start the day!

Thanks.

:lol:

23. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Hmmm, with the renowned code popping up in places like the Skeletal Dragon cave in Ilshenar, I wonder if those two elder gazers were renowned without the tag....

24. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Me too, they used to be scary.

25. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Now that is an interesting idea! DVDA, next time you go there and get a tough one lore it and see what its stats are. Well I'm assuming you have 110 lore. Maybe someone else can volunteer their time? Kind of an interesting little mystery here. :)

26. DVDA

DVDA Guest

Yes Sarsmi I will, I have 120 Lore :)