1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SSniffleslam, Feb 27, 2009.

1. SSniffleslam

SSniffleslam Guest

So, anybody watched Dollhouse? It's Joss Whedon's new series on FOX. I must admit that it's not living up to the expectations I have had - but we're only two ep's in, so I'll give it a little more time. For those who don't know, Joss Whedon is the mastermind behind Buffy (the TV series) and Firefly and numerous other works. He's probably most famous for Buffy though, and I loved that show. So I was happy to hear he was returning to do TV once again, but unless this show picks up and starts to make a little more sense, I might have to bail on it and stick to my Buffy DVD's.
  2. Granjell

Granjell Guest

I haven't seen it. What night?
  3. loadexfa

loadexfa Guest

Tonight on Fox. Also, I'm liking it so far. Even Buffy wasn't THAT awesome out the door. It took a little time to grow it's it's full awesomeness (though I did like the series right away). In my opinion Joss Whedon is best at characters and relationships that we really care about. It takes time to build that so it's hard to judge for at least 10 or so episodes. Until then it's fun and I always liked "Faith" (Eliza Dushku) who is the star in Dollhouse.

4. I Watched a bit of the first one - I hated it.
    TV is trying to have these very skinny girls with big chests wander around television with no clothes on and kill people. (Not that theres anything wrong with that - i just dont like it on TV)
  5. SSniffleslam

SSniffleslam Guest

No one could say that Eliza Dushku has a big chest (or any of the "dolls" in the show for that matter) - and unless I missed something, she didn't try to kill anyone in the first ep. And who knew she could kind of sing (ep 3)!!

And call me a complete dork, but I liked Buffy from the very beginning. It was one series that was much better than the movie could have ever hoped to be. IMHO, anyway.