1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Donating to library/museums

Discussion in 'UHall' started by mutau, Jan 22, 2009.

1. mutau

mutau Guest

I think it would be awesome if it was possible to donate via commodity deeds for resources? Like all that wood, ingots, leather. What do you think of this idea? good? bad?

2. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

A good idea.

3. cucujanu

cucujanu Guest

very good idea

4. Bazer

Bazer Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend

Would svae me a ton of time and trips so i could hurry up and get the items i need when i need them.

5. Fink

Fink Guest

Good idea. If they can make a commodity box for houses, why not collections?

6. mutau

mutau Guest

if this idea seems to work well, is it possible for someone to flag down someone from the devs to look at this? sorry, i'm just not in the know of who to contact and such.

7. Tom_Builder

Tom_Builder Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I agree 100%, just see my last theard about turn in's.

8. Lord Patapon

Lord Patapon Guest

Totally agree with that, turning objects in is a total pain, actually...

9. Gellor

Gellor Guest

From a player standpoint, I would agree... I've done the "resource" style donations by the dozens in the past. Pain in the wrist.

However, it will help the script kiddies turn in masses of resources all at once so I'd say no.. keep it as is until the devs find a way to stop the banned utilities(AKA never):spider:

10. RD Gumbie

RD Gumbie Guest

I think there would be a problem with things like the regent collector, right now a regent is worth 15 gold, so everyone would be just buying regs and delivering them all at once in commodity deed form for items.

Personally Id rather you have the ability to drop items on the people instead. The T map collector is crazy and really not worth it, try bringing 20-30 diff maps there and dealing with that menu and then clicking the right map. The Bulk stuff is heavy and takes alot of unneeded clicks form Packie or beetle to person.

11. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Bad...la

12. Gellor

Gellor Guest

UOAssist is a wonderful thing for the turn ins... I made a simple macro that double clicks the guy and selects the right item(granted, the ones I'm using are on the first page... bucklers for example) I can turn in things one per second with this method:lick::lick:

OTOH, I'd agree whole heartedly that people should HAVE to buy Assist to not get carpal tunnel(But still feel it is the best $15 I've paid on four account now):spider:

13. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I guess it's a good idea....Will make it easier for non-scripters to donate.

-Galen's player

14. Seismic

Seismic Guest

Good..didn't this topic come up a few days back? Anyways...GOOOOD

15. Good idea.

I'd also like a system in place that the most traded items start to decrease in value. I mean really, how much Frostwood does Vesper NEED to still pay that outrageously high point award?

Meanwhile I think it's ha-ha-hilarious that treasure maps at Brit Library bring in around 1/15 of what the gold in the chest alone would bring.

16. Borric

Borric Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

They will script regardless. Lets make it easier on ourselves (non-scriptors). As it is now, its not worth doing (IMHO).

17. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

Please, please, please implement this

18. Capricious

Capricious Guest

Good idea! /sign

19. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Very good idea. /signed.

20. Bazer

Bazer Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend

or at least move a banker closer to it so that we can have the deeds opened closer

21. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I don't mind donating stacks - what I personally HATE is having to click the gem on the 3rd page one at a time for SINGLE items (say, a level 6 t-map), and having to go back through the pages.

I'd like to see the ability to drop single items (non-stacking items only) on the collection NPC to get the points directly, without the menu.

22. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

23. Maggie

Maggie Guest

I would be happy if the cursor just stayed up. Same way cursor stays up when your toggle quest items, insure items, or fill bods.

I have never understood why wood weighs so much more than metal.

24. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

25. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I would rather they took resources/regs out of the donation list entirely. Add something else like monster loot.