1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Donations Needed for the Rebuilding of the Port of Umbra

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Patty Pickaxe, May 7, 2009.

1. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have many things to reopen the shop but I am in need of some help with some items. Keep looking at this post for updates.

*NEW ADDITION- DECO NEEDS*
    Plants
    - 1 plain pampas grass plant

*IDEAS for the ROOF*
    I am stuck for ideas on the roof. I don't want to put the usual fountain, trees, pond, or garden on the roof. There will be some vendors up there. If we get the Ankh of Sacrifice, that will be up there too. If anyone wants to see the roof in order to offer deco advice, stop by the Port to see if I am there or PM me to set up a time to get accessed.

*RUNE LOCATIONS*
    I still need the following runes:
    > Hag quest- Does anyone do this anymore?
    > Public Player-Run Establishments- If you have a public house and would like a rune to it in the house, PM me and I will mark the location. Or mark a rune yourself and PM to arrange a time to drop it off.
    > Unique Places- are there any "unique" or special places on Siege that I have runes to?
    > Random Places- should I have a rune to hidden valley or the waterfall or that pyramid thingy out in the middle of Malas dessert or the orc forts?

ITEMS I HAVE
    *All dye tubs
    *boxes for training lock picking

*Hitching post
    *RuneBooks/Locations
    - All banks
    - moongates
    - shrines
    - dungeons
    - cemeteries
    - docks and provisioner shops
    - T2A entrances
    - ant holes
    - Faction Bases and town sigils
    - Obsidian Statue Quest
    - Human/Elf Quests
    - Hedgemaze, Brit Library, Vesper Museum, Moonglow Zoo, Yew sheep pens, cotton fields, Heartwood portal, compassion desert, trinsic swamp, and the swamp south of Destard

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I know I have a special tub for you. I am off tomorrow, I will see what else I can come up with.

3. Ru TnT

Ru TnT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I left 2 runebooks in a gift box at the treehouse in Iantown for you. Patty should be able to access the box, if not, let me know.

There are runes for the daemon temple, orc dungeon, covetous 2/3, valor shrine, antholes, and faction bases in one book. The other book has sigil locations and the runes for the Collector's Quest.

4. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Maybe a runebook of current player run towns, social gathering spots

5. Falon of Eldor

Stratics Veteran

I can make the Elf to Human/Human to Elf rune books for the Port of Umbra!

6. Patty Pickaxe

Ru- Thank you for those runes!!
    Falon- Those quest locations would be great.

ian- which locations would you suggest?

Keep the ideas coming. Hopefully, I will be able to find a tinker-in-training to make me some boxes for lockpicking.

7. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I can donate the Furniture, Black, Leather & special dye tubs.

8. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

Let me know if you are short of any of the higher end dye tubs ie runebook or statuette dye ones, I would be happy to donate.

9. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I would also be happy to toss in some heritage tokens if you could use them. I will do some leg work tomorrow on some runes.

10. Patty Pickaxe

Anyone out there planning on training tinkering? I need boxes made at 30, 50, and 75 tinker skill for public lockpicking boxes. Unless someone already has a set made they would like to donate?

Also, keep an eye on my original post. I am updating it as I get the things I need. I have all the dye tubs and many of the main locations.

11. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

I'm not currently training tinkering but I do have a character that I could do it on and some spare ingots... also, if you already have all the dye tubs, are there any of the house/misc vet rewards that would be useful to you ? ( up to 102 mths )

12. Patty Pickaxe

If you will seriously train tinkering for this, I will provide you with the ingots and wood for the boxes!

I am still in the beginning stages of getting everything set up. I'm not exactly sure how I am going to decorate yet. I will let you know.

Also, the house is currently private while I get things set up and sorted, but if anyone stops by while I am there I will grant access so you can take a sneak peak at the place.

13. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

Sure, am happy to. With RoT, training skills is less painful/wasteful than on prodo shards for sure. I'll make a start a bit later on and let you know how far I get. I have a little wood from another character but that will run out after a while. Best to PM me here as still on works PC and don't have ICQ on it ( altho oddly enough can get away with running UO ! ) I am in the UK, so 5 hours ahead of EST.

14. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

Ok. Am now at 30 tink and the 21 carp needed for the making of the boxes themselves. Let me know how many you need before I start pushing on to 50. Oh and dammit, I forgot to have lunch :p

15. Patty Pickaxe

BUMP!

I'm hoping to have the place open by next weekend!

16. Patty Pickaxe

Bumpity Bump Bump
    Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies out there!

17. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Baby pickaxe says "Where are the good vendors?"

18. Patty Pickaxe

Are you referring to my vendors or just vendors in general? I will put my vendors back up when the house it ready to open. In the meantime, if any of my regular customers need anything, send me a PM and we can arrange a time to meet up. Also, I will have a couple of spots available to anyone who might be interested.

For anyone interested in helping out, check my Original post. I added new requests.

19. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

I have an embarassing question. I coulda PM'd it but I figured hey, bump +1 :p

How the heck do I get the damn keys on the key ring ? clicking the key ring and adding the key doesnt seem to work, neither does self clicking the key ring to open it THEN add the keys... le sigh.

20. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Key rings are useless.. how many keys do you have? Most people would have one tops.. for a boat they left on the water.

21. Nabber

Nabber Guest

double click the key, target the ring

22. Nabber

Nabber Guest

for lock picking multiple boxes

23. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

Nabber is right - I am making the 30/50/75 locked boxes for Patty's public lockpicking area and she asked me to put the keys for the various levels all on the one ring. I already tried double clicking the key and then the ring, it just tells me that the key can't unlock that :(

24. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Drag the key onto the ring? (I have no idea.)

25. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

you just drop it on, the key ring counts as a container, so just treat it like dropping the key in a back pack.

26. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

Sweeney and Petra ftw... that worked. I have now amused my tiny mind for a whole ten minutes dropping keys on and locking and unlocking boxes... wheee !

27. Patty Pickaxe

Ahh, the simple pleasure in life!! If the boxes are done, I am able to log in if you are!

28. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

Not yet :) I work weekends and a looong shift so not really able to play UO at that time - working up to 50 now. Will let you know though ! :)

29. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

If you decide to add a mini museum I have many items I can put on loan to you (for free).

30. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

So, do you know about the Ratman lair under the swamp south of Destard?

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

31. Patty Pickaxe

Actually, no! Maybe you are the perfect person to mark runes to all the interesting sites on Siege. ooooh, maybe I should mark a rune for the cave in Trinsic, too.

32. Falon of Eldor

Stratics Veteran

Old as the Hills could make IDOC books too!! Woot!

33. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

I am going to have an awful lot of lockpicks around after I have worked tinkering up to 75 ( currently at 66.1, hoping to hit 70 this afternoon and then I can do ROT today and tomorrow to get to 75 ) Did you want these to go with the lockpick boxes ? or maybe someone from NEW can use them ?