1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Treasure Hunting] Don't forget about the Hotbar in the Enhanced Client

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Old Man of UO, Aug 7, 2010.

1. My fingers were getting pretty tired double-clicking the shovel then targeting the map and clicking, then targeting the ground and clicking. If you are using the Enhanced Client, drop your shovel into a hotbar slot and change the target to "Stored," then target your current map. Assign a hotkey.

With this, you press the hotkey and then target the ground where you are searching. The targeting of the treasure map is done automatically. It doesn't sound like much, but it cuts the clicking time in half.

I can then walk a straight North-South or East-West line and do a fast grid search as I walk, right mouse click, hotkey, left mouse click on the ground, and repeat. It really helps in those places where it is hard to identify landmarks on the treasure map.
  2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    Doesn't clicking the map to get a context menu, to get a targeting gump, not work in EC? Or do you just like doing it the older, harder, way?

Maps have been giving targeting gumps without clicking the shovel first, since at least the release of AoS.
  3. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nov 3, 2001
    It works that way too within the EC client, but I dont know, how to build a macro for that. Esspecially if you have to dig multiple times before you find the right spot, old mans macro can save up time.
  4. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Oct 24, 2005
    It does work in EC too, However pressing a key, then target is easier than 2 clicks than target - Hey! I'm lazy. :D
  5. Fink

Fink Guest

I endorse the hotbar method. I've been using it for some time now.