1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Dont know if curent devs can say this, but what hapend to the UXO code?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Guest, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I can still not accept that EA droped UXO. The grafic and set up is how folks are use to now and i do belive this was a huge mistake. So who got it now and cant some just kick some life back to it?

2. Arcus

Arcus Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I agree that UXO could have brought some more people to the Ultima franchise and possibly to UO. Shame it got scrapped.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I always wondered how they were going to allow stealing with the first person perspective. Then again, they would have probably just eliminated the stealing skill when everyone complained that people kept stealing from them and they never saw them before the thief hide and stealthed away...la

4. Guest

Guest Guest

5. Guest

Guest Guest

6. Repowski

Repowski Guest

<blockquote><hr>

http://uxo.stratics.com/content/paths/tinker.php

Scroll down a bit to abiletys and disiplins and you are right no thieves. LOL it looks like wow stole all from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

God, what I wouldn't give to be able to play Ultima in a similar fashion to they way I do today... with those graphics.

7. Belmarduk

Belmarduk Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I can still not accept that EA droped UXO. The grafic and set up is how folks are use to now and i do belive this was a huge mistake. So who got it now and cant some just kick some life back to it?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yep
    Have a date x - Have a database of each players items,pets,houses etc etc - Start uox and that would be.....no point in getting hopes up.. [​IMG]

8. Repowski

Repowski Guest

Honestly, I would start completely from scratch... no skills, no items... nothing, IF the map was similar - towns etc... in the 3d form. Oh man...

I'm going to stop now. Never going to happen.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Maybe the sold the idea to Blizzard [​IMG] for like 500k to a mil, and were like, whew, glad i got rid of that!

10. Guest

Guest Guest

If we're really, REALLY lucky, the data was fed through a shredder program and is completely unrecoverable. All they seem to have saved is the music, which is in KR, and was probably all that was WORTH saving.

11. Belmarduk

Belmarduk Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Honestly, I would start completely from scratch... no skills, no items... nothing, IF the map was similar - towns etc... in the 3d form. Oh man...

[/ QUOTE ]

Give us our chars and pets and reserve a housingplot (same size as current which can be claimed in lets say 12 weeks ONLY by the owner), give us certain items we have - and I would start from zero otherwise - hell I would even go for less - perhaps just chars and pets?
    *dreams on*

12. Dean478

Dean478 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

To be honest it didn't bother me. After Ultima Online 2 was cancelled, Age of Shadows etc I really started to care little for this universe.

Ultima IX tried to finish the series well, instead (due to external circumstances) it did still finish it with a few hiccups.

What UXO was doing was akin to what Alien Ressurection did with Aliens. Tried to bring back a franchise which was wrapped up nicely. It was going to undo so many things.

Another UO game was the way to go. Due to the simple fact that "each UO shard has its own history and destiny" the developers have so much creative freedom. I hate the idea of elves and still a bit iffy about the Samurai Empire, however if Richard Garriott returned one day and made a new UO game, he could easily accept or ignore any content that's been added without breaking the lore.

13. Avalonia

Avalonia Guest

I know they were in early development but they did have a lot of good ideas. I really don't think it would have came close to WoW numbers or even LOTRO or EQ2. Actually, from what I can remember of UXO, if you really were die hard into wanting to play it then you might want to try LOTRO if you never have.

14. Avalonia

Avalonia Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If they made UO2 with graphics comparable to WOW and EQ2 but with the gaming systems in UO I would never even think about playing another game. I would even start fresh as long as they removed all reasons to have a veteran account (skill cap increase and veteran rewards) in the game.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Whats wrong with having rewarding long term players.

And screw the wow/eq2 graphics...give us L2/War and beyond level graphics.

16. Belmarduk

Belmarduk Guest

<blockquote><hr>

And screw the wow/eq2 graphics...give us L2/War and beyond level graphics.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yepp - If you do it ,do it PROPLY this time !

17. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it will EVER show it's head again.. This script has been dead a very long time now.. Did you even get a english spell checker?.. I sent you a link for a free one before.. You should look into that friend.

18. not sure why that person needs a spell checker... because there keyboard didn't type the p in graphic? sounds like it needs a good cleaning.

anyhows,,

UxO and UOx are two different things.