1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Donuts!

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Guest, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Where do/did they come from?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Birth of T2A item from...LS? not sure, like red torches, blue bread, gold chessboards, purple lamb legs etc etc. I guess they go for 500k-2m depending on shard.

3. Potgut

Potgut Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

They were true rares and desirable on most shards (I know several shards had them before x-shard transfer) except Lake Superior where they were only semi rare and had over thousands, at one point they were worthless there too. (I think they used to be sorta rare at Chesapeake b4 x-shard transfer but I'm not sure on that) Rumor has that a gm forgot to lock a stack about 10,000 - 60,000 donuts on LS. After x-shard transfer was introduced the value of donuts depreciated on all shards except LS.

I dont know where the original donuts on the other shards came from though.

4. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

Yes the start of character transfer era was marked by the invasion of donuts from LS and Hooded robe of umbras from Asian shards.

5. Joobulance

Joobulance Guest

Sorry to go OT real quick, just wondering if anyone knows the story on the Hooded Robe of Umbra, where it came from, what event, blah blah blah.. (I know it doesn't really matter cause they aren't that rare, just curious ) [​IMG] Thanks!

6. Experimental

Experimental Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The Hooded Robe of Umbra wasn't an event item, so to speak, unless you want to call AoS an event, but was what the asian players got instead of a Hooded Shroud of Shadows.
    The difference is not only are they green, but I believe every char on a persons account got one, unlike the Hooded Shroud, which was only one shroud per account.