1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Doom Bone Cutters?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Tycolby, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Tycolby

Tycolby Guest

After Taking Conner's advice and going to Doom to get my guaranteed artie. I was amazed at how ppl are able to get rid of the spawn before the bones popped into the undead. They said they were cutting the bones. How do you have time to cut up bones and still target the DF? Was this intended by the Devs or is it an exploit?

Hehe still after 13 DF's, I am still waiting on my Artie!!!!:lick:
  2. Tycolby

Tycolby Guest

If its not an Exploit can someone please post how to set up a macro that is not UOA related and not KR either? Just a plan old 2d macro.
  3. TirNaNo'g

TirNaNo'g Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

May 31, 2008
    Although I never set up a macro to do this since I'm rarely in doom - I asked the same question when I was there and someone told me they have a macro set for "last object, wait for target, last target" set to their mousewheel up.. So you just have to target the bone pile once with your blade and then spin the mousewheel.. I imagine it would work the same with any button though, although requiring more clicking...

There is no range on targeting bone piles, so that helps make it easily done..
  4. jelinidas

jelinidas Guest

Some of us (bards) enjoy the spawn! So feel free to let them bones hatch!

If I read right and you have been around 13 times, you are not doing nearly enough damage, do you get looting rights? What is your build? Perhaps we can help.

Conner is correct, doom gives guaranteed arties. Just not on every kill. You still have to earn em!
  5. Anakena

Anakena Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 7, 2008
    I am often there with a tamer or an archer. When I am not busy healing my pet or myself, I always try to cut bones. I don't really use a macro but I have a key for last object and another one for last target.

Of course, if there is a bard around I do not cut all bones as having the DF fixed on a target like a rotting corpse is a great help for everyone.
  6. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2003
    I just have a knife in one of the hotbars and just press it and cut the bones. Simple and no special macro's or hocus pocus for it. :)
  7. Just put a plain, non insured dagger or other lightweight bladed item in your backpack. Set up a macro to use the item. Target the bone piles as they drop and cut away. It normally takes 2-3 cuts to get rid of them.

I normally consider this to be the Archer's job in Doom against the DF's. Warriors are too busy keeping themselves alive while tanking and keeping the DF in one spot, Mages should be busy dispelling any and all Revenants that pop up, and Bards should be Provo'ing anything that happens to spawn back onto the DF so they stay away from the Archers and Mages. With good teamwork DF's can go down very, very quickly.

You will get your artie eventually. You just have to put the time in and eventually the inevitable drop will happen.

The first one will probably be a Holy Knight's Breastplate or a Bone Crusher.

Can never have too many Bone Crushers......
  8. Silly Seadog

Stratics Veteran It's My Birthday

Jun 21, 2007
    Arrrrr, me heard if ye be wearin' a kilt, 'tis might be helpin' yer odds on gettin' a orny?
  9. Ailish

Ailish Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

May 13, 2008
    You don't have to put in the "wait for target" in the last object/last target macro, FYI. Been using it for years without it :)

That is the best macro for non-UOA. With UOA you would use item/last target or just use item.
  10. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    In addition to using a macro, you could also double-click an edged item and target the bones. You will get the message "you damage the bone pile."

But doing it with clicking is VERY inefficient. I know because that's how I do it and it SUCKS.

Now of course like anything else in the game, you can run an illegal script to do this quicker and more efficiently than you can manually. But the fact that you can do it is definitely not an exploit, and was very much intended.

Also, if you drag the DF to the gate, and fight it on or right south of the gate, most of the bones fall into Lake Mortis and spawn nothing. This is also not an exploit, and it's sad that so few people do this these days. Less effective than it once was, but still effective.

-Galen's player
  11. Tycolby

Tycolby Guest

I use a Demon slayer bow with honor and I am hitting around 120-150 per shot and achieve perfection quite often.

110 anat
    110 bush
    120 arch
    85 chiv
    100 necro
    75 SS
    120 tactics

115 str
    144 dex
    48 int

DI 96
    HLD 30
    HCI 48
    HPR 8
    I also carry necro regs and Arcane boots to cast my spells
  12. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Aug 21, 2000
    I have a macro set for use last object and before the darkfather comes I double click my knife in my pack and hack away at as many bones as I can... and to let you all in on a little secret I learned it don't matter where your standing in the room you can be ALL the way across the screen and cut bones. (I did find this a TAD bit far fetched! But I can assure you that it does indeed work.).... so perhaps they are cutting them.... I'm an archer and all I have to do while fighting the DF is hit a bandage every few seconds and hit consecrate weapon... so the rest of the time I'm free to cut bones, so long as the DF is standing still.

Oh and I use a Demon Slaying Heavy Cross with a 30 SSI and I pop him for about 150 to 250 points of damage with Enemy of One and Consecrate. 250 usually if there is a discorder down there.