1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Doom Gauntlet - is it broken?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by kinney42, Jan 21, 2015.

1. kinney42

kinney42 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Me and a friend have been running it a lot lately without a drop. Is it broken? How many times around should we expect to go before getting a drop?
    The last time I ran the Gauntlet was long ago and I remember the system was changed to a "Points Earned" type system. Is that still in effect?

#1 kinney42, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  2. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

yes it is broke. It has been giving the same lame artifacts for 12 years

LetheGL, Cupid, Odin of LS and 8 others like this.
  3. StealYourFace

StealYourFace Journeyman

I know they turned the artifacts off during the Halloween event but I'm not sure if they remembered to turn them back on after it was over.

4. Sinder Shayde

Sinder Shayde Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Your probably right there, wouldn't surprise me!

5. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Doom Artifact Issue
    Posted by Bonnie Armstrong | 2014 Oct 24 19:05 -0400 GMT
    Greetings everyone,

We have discovered a conflict with the delivery of the old and new artifacts in Doom. To resolve this conflict we are temporarly turning off the ability to get the old artifacts in Doom until after the Treasures of Doom Event. We appoligize for any inconvience this may have caused anyone, they will return after the current event is over in December. This will be fixed tomorrow after normal maintenance cycles on all shards.

Thank you,

UO Team

This was the only thing I could find on the subject on uo.com...(And I noticed after copy/pasting it that there are several GLARING spelling errors in there...they need a proof-reader!)

6. drcossack

drcossack Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

They did. I got a Dryad Bow on December 16th. Unfortunately, only two artifacts down there are worth anything (the Orny and Armor of Fortune) - whether you pvp or not, the vvv arties are freely available, so the Orny is debatable.

I do see some people still rocking the Spirit of the Totem and Jackal's Collar though, so there's that.

7. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I received a Bonecrusher a few weeks back. So it seems to be working.

Remember that artifacts you cannot use and that you will find it problematic to sell can be turned in for a goodly number of turn-in points.

Some artifacts seem likely always to maintain at least some some value.

-Galen's player

8. kinney42

kinney42 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I'm going to say its broke after 12 complete circuits each containing 2 bosses per room and 2 dark fathers.