1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] Doom Sapphires

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by StonewallGL, Oct 3, 2015.

1. StonewallGL

StonewallGL Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Looking back at my collection of Blue Sapphires from the global arc I realized that I have 3 different varieties of the item.

. Doom Sapphires.png

Does anyone know more about these? Are there more varieties? What shards did they come from?

I think the 1 stone "Sapphire Eye of Dungeon Doom" is the most common one that dropped on most shards. I don't remember for certain, but I think the 5 stone version was from Sonoma. And I have no clue which shard I got the "Sapphire of the Dungeon Doom" on.

Any info would be appreciated!

BrianFreud likes this.
  2. Restless

Restless Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

someone is being a little too observant... nice catch! heh I couldn't tell ya man, would be curious to see which is the rarest of them

3. StonewallGL

StonewallGL Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Haha, it all about the details! The 5 stone one jumped out to me right away, so I started taking a closer look at them.

I guess now this means there are at least 6 gems in a "full set" from the global arc?

4. Kolka

Kolka Babbling Loonie
    Professional Campaign Patron

I would guess the 5 stone one is more rare - I have 2 each of the others, but none of the 5 stone one

StonewallGL likes this.
  5. BrianFreud

BrianFreud Lead Wiki Mod & Doer of Crazy Things
    Professional Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator Campaign Supporter

I'm just looking at my raw index - luckily I grabbed data on those the day they each dropped, before many of them could have moved around.

I saw 1 stone "Sapphire Eye Of Dungeon Doom" on Asuka, Atlantic, Baja, Catskillls, Drachenfels, Europa, Formosa, Great Lakes, Hokuto, Izumo, Lake Superior, Legends, Mizuho, Napa, Oceania, Sakura, Sonoma, Wakoku, and Yamato.

"Sapphire Of The Dungeon Doom" I only saw on Chessie.

I didn't see a 5 stone "Sapphire Eye Of Dungeon Doom" anywhere. Any chance that one possibly came from any of these shards (where I didn't grab data on drop-day): Arirang, Balhae, LA, Origin, or Pacific?

#5 BrianFreud, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    StonewallGL likes this.
  6. StonewallGL

StonewallGL Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the info! It's very possible that the 5 stone one came from one of those shards. I don't have characters set up on Izumo, so you can rule that one out. But any of the other ones are possible.

BrianFreud likes this.
  7. BrianFreud

BrianFreud Lead Wiki Mod & Doer of Crazy Things
    Professional Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator Campaign Supporter

I've confirmed from a different data set that Izumo was also a 1 stone with the common name.