1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

door open macro needs tweaked

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by aarons6, Dec 19, 2009.

1. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

this macro is nice, i put it on my 5th mouse button.. but the problem is it sometimes doesnt open the door..

you push the button over and over and over and just give up and click the door anyway.

2. Fink

Fink Guest

Some doors are just unreliable. Z-axis seems to come into play in custom houses where the door is in front of stairs. It's annoying, I have to stop on the right tile (good luck guessing that when half the time I'm not where I think I am) pause, hit the macro, then enter the house. The other way around it would be to move the fence off the property line, but that doesn't look right and I don't think we should need to jump through hoops to accommodate simple fixes that don't eventuate.

3. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I never had a problem with my castle doors or any doors in towns. Really seems to be a custom house prob.

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

not sure what macro you are using I use this one

target nearest object,harvester blade(you done need this if you just want doors),use object,target next object,harvester blade,use object,target next object,harvester blade,use object

you can leave the blade out
    the important part is to have it do odd number of time in my example it targets the nearest 3 objects

i found that doing even numbers it would sometimes open the door and then close it

5. Fink

Fink Guest

I tried that use targeted object thing.. turns out it uses things based on proximity AND z-axis. It'll use all the items within reach before going up to say a front gate or door. Unfortunately for me this included the lethal poison trap next to my mainbox.. boy, was my face green.. :D

6. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

rofl oops forgot to mention it will use closest objects

7. Fink

Fink Guest

It's the macro I use for corpse looting, opens the five nearest ones.