1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Download 2d client or UOAssist in SA?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Zayin666, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Heya...

I just started working on my blacksmith and I seem to remember from way back that it is possible to set a bag where all the made items goes into and then easily smelt all those items back to ingots...

Now Iam playing the SA client, but cant seem to find anything like it in the menus.

So is it possible to do this in the SA client? If not... can I use UO Assist with the SA client?? if not.. where can I download the 2d client? (I trashed all my old cds)

Thanks in advance!

Zayin

2. Yes you can use UOA with the SA Classic.

[​IMG]

You can also just purchase a savage bag from any Prov Shop to do the same thing, just keep a smith hammer in your pack.

3. TheGrayGhost

TheGrayGhost Guest

You can use either client for this and UOA is not needed for this lol. Simply buy a salvage bag, put the mats you're going to be using in the salvage bag. Begin crafting. The made items will appear in the bag thta the resources are in. If you have any resources in your backpack not in the bag with the rest it will use those first so put them all in the slavage bag.

Now that you are done crafting them, right click on the salvage bag and click salvage all or Salvage ingots either way (Salvage all will attempt to salvage everything in the bag, Leather items, cloth items, metal items etc.).

Tada!

4. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Cool! Thanks alot! Then I dont have to install the old client!

5. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Now I just need to find out what macro action to chose, so I can put "make last" on a key... any good ideas?

6. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

Get a salvage bag! The return on items salvaged from this are higher than what UOA or the client itself return ... essentially 1 added ingot per item salvaged!

I stopped using the UOA recycle option when this came out.

Also please note:
    UOA only works with the SA Classic client (what we call 2D now) and not with the SA Enhanced client.

7. EnigmaMaitreya

EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

*Shrug*

The Salvage bag worked as expected for my Tailored Items.

BUT

Every time I tried to salvage anything from my Blacksmith it tells me I salve 0 of N items.

8. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Just went and got one.. its working great for the blacksmith items Iam making.

Any of you know how to make a macro in SA enchanced client, so I can put "make last" on a key on my keyboard??

9. EnigmaMaitreya

EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You may want to go to the SA Client Beta Forum on Stratics.

http://vboards.stratics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=454

10. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Check your journal, Enigma. It may tell you why nothing was smelted. One possibility is that you aren't standing close enough to a forge. The other is that your blacksmith tool is inside the salvage bag. When you use a salvage bag, the tool that is breaking down the items must be outside the salvage bag. Yes, that's different from UO Assist. And if you're training the skill and recycling the crafted items as you go and therefore want them to be created in the bag, the solution is to keep the raw materials in the bag while your tool is outside the bag. The crafted materials will be created in the salvage bag as long as their source material is in the bag.

11. I'm using the enhanced client, anyone know if / where I can find UOAssist to work with it? When I installed and tried to run it, I kept getting a message that it couldn't find the .exe file.

12. Aerodice

Aerodice Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

You need mining skill to salvage metal/ingot.

13. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Unless something has changed recently UOA does not work with EC

14. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

UOA will more than likely never work with SA Client. The new client does almost everything UOA does, and Pinco's UI picks up where it leaves off.

15. Ok thanks. I must be doing something wrong then cause about the only macro I can figure out is using a hotkey to cast spells or say something. I want to be able to "use item type", so when my scribes pen is gone I don't have to target a new one. Etc. But oh well.

16. TullyMars

TullyMars Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Drag the item you are using from your backpack into an open spot on one of your hotbars.

It should show you the count of those items, and allow you to use them from this hotbar.

From the hotbar you can also set a hotkey if you wish...

If you need another hotbar, right click one of your current hotbars and select new hot bar.

Stratics has a nice guide on the enhanced client originally found on spellweave.com Enhanced Client User Guide

Give that a thorough read through for most of your answers.

The EC Hotbars specific area is here Enhanced Client Hotbars

17. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Here is a link to the library where we have all kinds of macros and commands to look through
    Reference Library - Stratics Forums

here is a link to the EC forum where you will find more info or feel free to ask any questions about EC here
    UO Enhanced Client Discussion - Stratics Forums