1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Draconi Interview on Gamasutra

Discussion in 'UHall' started by JC the Builder, Oct 27, 2009.

1. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=25703

As far as interviews go it is very interesting. It isn't a Stygian Abyss release promotion.

2. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Well, those special effects don't work at all in the new client. Cause they cause massive lag, memory leak and client crash. Reproducably, even on the most powerful machine.

Who out there has ever fought a Stygian Dragon or the Slasher of Veils using the Enhanced Client? WITHOUT CRASH?

I'm annoyed, cause I've been waiting for a fix for the long list of bugs for more than half a year now. Right now, an actual comment from the dev team concerning the future of the Enhanced Client would be what many are waiting for.

3. I really hope they do explore the idea of adding the high res art.. great interview, thanks for posting it JC

4. Thats a great interview.
    UO will continue a long time.

Daddy wants to see his baby grow. And he deserves it. SA is outstanding.

5. Alezi

Alezi Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

:heart::heart::heart:

6. Kri

Kri Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I couldn't agree more!!! :)

7. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Wow that was nice. Makes me proud. I have been using the new client more and more lately. I was thinking it would be nice to have several "town based" UI's to choose from. A grey encased in stone look around the macro bar, game window and paperdoll for brit. Very similar to the classic client. Sandstone for Trinsic, black stone for umbra, white marble for Nujel'm.... you get the drift. I think it would help old players relate to a new client a bit easier than the foriegn looking UI now. I had that idea a lond time ago. This article made me think of it again.

8. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

After the last patch iam stable as i was never before, the effects are very smooth and no problem anylonger and also before i fought many stygian dragons before it crashed.

But i agree with you the statement is very important, the whole Team has to say YES to the new Ehanced client and not only 2d here we are, a client which a Dev dont want to play can never be good!

This is the highlight, not accepted by the playerbase, Draconi if the client had been finished, before the release i would say many had accepted it. I rember when the open beta starts 2007 the servers broke down because of the massive amount of downloads.

Dont understand me wrong, the EC is also a good client, but for me KR was and is the better one as it was intended. For me the EC client is now stable, KR never was that, but it was much better supported at the beginning. I dont think of heavy bugs like a memory leak, no the small ones, look at the list posted before, also the many wrong sized arts, for me it is only a one click solution in a animation programm to fix this.

The Enhanced client has now a really good fundament, but definitivly needs improvments and many bugfixes, so please concentrate a bit on this till the new year to get an easy and bugfree future of the game.

9. kitiara-atlantic

kitiara-atlantic Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I did, this past Saturday. The latest patch seems to have fixed that problem for me and those in my guild using the enhanced client.