1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Enhanced Client Dragging Bars from new Mobiles button sometimes crashes

Discussion in 'Bug Tracking' started by sibble, Oct 4, 2014.

1. sibble

sibble Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 151

While I'm in combat (pvp and pvm) sometimes I'll go to drag a healthbar from the mobiles bar and I'll crash. I completely stopped trying to do that at all and I haven't crashed in a while.

2. Moneta

Moneta Visitor

I found that was also making me crash. It includes dragging the healthbar directly from the person/monster

3. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Yep I've hid this happen multiple times. Arrive at Navrey, honor, drag Heath bar, client locks up, force close, reload the client and hope I'm still alive.

Also I keep crashing when opening certain mob bodies. Mainly at EM events I have noticed when there is a lot of loot.

Scribbles likes this.
  4. sibble

sibble Lore Master

Ahh yes also directly from the person/monster... when I stopped dragging healthbars and started clicking on people, I would accidentally click/drag on them, pulling a healthbar and crash lol.

5. Bleak

Bleak UO Software Engineer
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Is this still happening?

6. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Yes. I had this happen only yesterday when trying to grab players health bars at Yew gate. What made it even more strange is that it only happened with one player. I thought they might of been running some naughty 3rd party app or something as it was EVERY time I tried to grab their bar. It didn't matter if it was from the mobiles or dragging it from their character, same thing each time.

As for in PvM I've had it happen a few times but not as bad as before. I just have a second client all loaded up ready so if my current client locks up I can force close it and quickly sign in to the second client.

7. sibble

sibble Lore Master

All I do is PVP in UO, this is my main reason for playing. With that being said, it happens to me on a daily basis.

I'm going to do some testing and see if I can get this to reproduce 100% of the time. I know for a fact it has happened to me during PVM, but it's usually during PVP when it happens to me.

Have you noticed if you drag someone's health bar that it sticks to the mouse and you have to click again to make it stay where you want? Just throwing this in there, who knows!

#7 sibble, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  8. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I made some tests and happens ONLY when the owner of the healthbar is moving in the moment you are getting it. Also it seems happening mostly on mobiles with paperdoll...

9. sibble

sibble Lore Master

Whatever changes were made, this bug no longer exists Thanks :)