1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice

[Blacksmithing] Dragon barding deed exceptional chance

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by hizack, Jan 29, 2010.

  1. hizack

    hizack Guest

    Been back from a long break, and found that it's no longer possible to smelt non-exception deed.. so wondered if are there any links out there that i can assess the exceptional chances of making one. Smith is GM blacksmith, with a 10 ASH and a 13 exceptional tally. Would like to buy a better ASH but wanted to see the chances first.

    Thanks in advance.
     
  2. Ezekiel Zane

    Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2003
    Messages:
    4,556
    Likes Received:
    113
    Legendary smith no Ash, no Talisman = 50% exceptional chance
    +10 ASH 70% exc chance
    +15 ASH 80% exc chance, easy to find a +20% talisman
    +30 ASH 100% exc chance w/o any talisman

    So a GM smith with a +30 ASH would need a +30 Talisman for 100% exceptional chance. A +25 isn't too hard to find, but maybe cost up to a mil depending upon the regular bonus.
     
  3. hizack

    hizack Guest

    That's very helpful. Thank you very much Ezekiel.
     
  4. Silverbird

    Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2001
    Messages:
    1,405
    Likes Received:
    52
    Might be cheaper to train blacksmithy up to 110 instead of finding a talisman with+30% except chance.