1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Dragon Barding, does it break?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Yukio, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Yukio

Yukio Guest

Hello smiths,

I just wanted to know if the Dragon Barding that you make breaks at all once it's on the Swamp Dragon. I'm looking into making one for my Swamp Dragon and would like to avoid unforeseen surprises in the future! I scanned through the FaQ and what not and no dice, unless I'm blind. Thanks!

Yukio

2. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

Barding deed armor does in fact break. It takes a while if your dragon doesn't die. From my experience It takes 4 consecutive deaths of the dragon to break. But on average you'll get about a week if you don't lose the dragon.

3. Yukio

Yukio Guest

Ok, thanks for the quick reply!

4. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yes it does break. My warrior keeps a few extra barding deeds in his bank for quick replacement.

5. Lilac Crypt

Lilac Crypt Guest

Also.. if your character is human, pull the Arms Lore out of your skill book and stick it on your screen. (Or make a macro for it.) It's almost a no-fail thing for humans cause of the Jack of all Trades bonus.

That skill will tell you the condition of your swampy's armor if you hop off the critter and arms lore it. It's handy so you know how much damage the barding has taken.

'Badly damaged and will have to be replaced soon' means go shopping NOW. *grin*

[​IMG]

6. Yukio

Yukio Guest

Thanks for the tip!

7. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Cool, I never thought to try that. Nice tip.

8. Lilac Crypt

Lilac Crypt Guest

See, I knew I was good for something! I'm not a fountain of numbers.. but every now and then I have a rabbit in a hat. (Or a helm.)

[​IMG]