1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Dread Horn Encounter Issue

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by DreadLord Lestat, Feb 14, 2013.

1. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

From UO.com

Dread Horn Encounter Issue
    Posted by Tim Chappell | 2013 Feb 14 15:17 -0500 GMT
    We have confirmed an issue with pets at the Peerless Dread Horn Encounter. Until further notice please do not use your pets at the encounter. We hope to have a fix in place soon.

Thank you for your patience.

#1 DreadLord Lestat, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  2. demortred

demortred Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Apparently the issue is if dreadhorn kills your pet.. it's gone permanently.. hah.. took a lowbie GD in to see. :) so beware all.

3. Deadly Serious

Deadly Serious Adventurer

me and my guildie lost a GD to dread horn and i took the issue up with a GM a month ago, i'm still doing DH however with an excellent rune beetle which hasn't died yet but i have noticed different types of pets not disappearing but sometimes they do. I find that GD's definetly go after dieing but i've seen 50/50 on bonded swampy and my bake kitsune has died twice and not disappeared.

4. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Hmm, maybe it's just affecting pets which are hardest to control and has some connection to loyalty. I'm always curious how well fed these victim pets are, how high the tamer's skills are and exactly what else is going on at the time, as it's really hard to know what the issue is without more details.

Fingers crossed the devs have at least found the cause and can fix it, but if any of you lose a pet with this please keep sending in bug reports with as much info as you can.

Wenchy