1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Dread Warhorse question

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by BeefSupreme, Apr 20, 2010.

1. BeefSupreme

BeefSupreme Guest

So I'm almost, just about 120/120 I can count the days I think...

The reward I was going to give myself for sticking it out this long was once I hit my
    120, I would buy myself a Dread Warhorse.

My question is, I've heard of scams with these before. When I lore the thing, is really the only thing I need to look at are HPs to tell if it's the real thing and not an old nightmare?
    Nightmare's what, average around 300 HP and Dread is around 600...
    If that's really all it is, the few I've heard of being scammed, were they just not paying attention, took the wrong person's word, etc?

2. Demoquin84

Demoquin84 Guest

Dread's have around 600 HPs and some better resists.

Mare 315 max hp
  3. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    If you do a trade, I would do it out in the open somewhere where there isn't any buildings or houses and you might even gate them to another spot just to be sure. I've know several people that got scammed because they did it at Luna and the seller had the dreadmare next to them for you to lore and then put the nightmare that they had either upstairs or parked next to another char into the trade window.
  4. maroite

maroite Guest

The damage is different also for the dreadmare. I am not sure of the percentages, but the Dreadmare I believe has a % of its damage as poison.
  5. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Mar 3, 2006
    The stats and resists are quite different, and if you use the enhanced client they look very different as well. I'd suggest you look both the dread warhorse and the nightmare up in the Stratics Hunters' Guide and familiarize yourself with the stats. And yes, don't do the deal next to a stable, and do it in the open somewhere with no other pets around. And do it in the Tram rules set so they can't kill it after you buy it...
  6. BeefSupreme

BeefSupreme Guest

Ok guys, thanks! I'm gonna keep this all in mind!

Didn't think about someone having a dread and nightmare nearby to work a scam!

So who has an incredible calculator pet and wants to make a ton of gold in about hmm
    20 days? :)