1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Dread Warhorse - 'scuse mah ignorance...

Discussion in 'UO Oceania' started by Samaira, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Samaira

Samaira Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

...but I've been away for a while, and would like to know all the sordid details about this critter. Can someone oblige an obsessive tamer? Thankee thankee!

2. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

They are obtained from the invasion of our cities. Mainly Cove. The Vanguard ride them, you can either bola a Vanguard and tame one, or kill the Vanguard then tame it.
    The warhorse itself as agressive and hard to tame, even with a peacer to help. They take four slots like a hiyru. They only come in the pure black color. If you say 'trick' standing next to you tamed one they will make a wooshing sound and blow out a cloud of black smoke.

Somone told me that getting a warhorse to do the smoke next to one of the strangers from this new thing makes the stanger frozen for around 15 seconds. Havnt tested that myself.

Fink has some warhorses for sale.

3. Katlene

Katlene Guest

*toddles off to msg finky*

4. Sneaky

Sneaky Guest

Its actually 3 slots, a mare/dread combo goes quite well.

5. Samaira

Samaira Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Awesome, thanks for the info folks :D

6. barjunkie

barjunkie Guest

Ohhhh can someone post a pic of the mount i'm a sucker for them :D ohh and /waves hi peoples ( had to re register my login guess its been a while )

7. Katlene

Katlene Guest

Why dont you just come back and see for yourself?
    good plan i think!:lol:
    they dont look any differnt to the pure nightmares imho

8. Samaira

Samaira Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Stumbled across a Vanguard fella in Cove, thought I'd have a go at killing 'im... gotta say I like the spawn when you get him redlined lol

9. Katlene

Katlene Guest

yeah i went there alone for a look and saw a vanguard there thought wtf and called out g-dragon was doing ok! then zombies shadow eles wisps brigands etc all came to say hi too! Most part its no big drama cept the eles cause they only die to melee!
    Still havnt gotten a war horse yet, am trying to give away my gorgeous cyan hiryu so i can have a spot for it

10. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master

No! I refuse to post a pic. You will have to re activate, pay for a year, and log in to see one. Anyone who pays less then 12 months at a time cant ride/see/use one.

11. Katlene

Katlene Guest

*chuckles*
    Thats a girl jah!!

Something i did find out is that you need to have a certain amount of taming to bond them, seems to be 110 but jewels do work to make up the difference
    Was good to know before/if i get one

12. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master

Thats right, only the super coolest people get them. Loser people like Sims cant. I dout he'd even be able to tame one.

Com'on Sims... dont be a wuss.... i bet youll die at least 20 times taming one. Prove me wrong!