1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Drop rate reduced?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lucivius, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Lucivius

Lucivius Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Why was the artifact drop rate from renowns reduced? It was already too low.

2. SchezwanBeefy

SchezwanBeefy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The drop rate on Scalis seems to be reduced too.
    Last four or five Scalis' I've done have had no drops for anyone on them. What a waste of time.

3. Fernadious

Fernadious Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Was something announced or plain RNG hitted you on spot?

4. SchezwanBeefy

SchezwanBeefy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Nothing was announced for either.

5. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Just that one time, I think, they announced an 'adjustment'. I know there have been 2 since. It also may swing the other way for a short time & you get a 'little' extra, so keep killin'.

6. SashaSeeks

SashaSeeks Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

We did Scalis 3 or 4 times in a row this weekend, and noone had recieved anything at all. The week prior playing with scalis, again no drops. When Scalis first came out someone would a least get an item. Now noone gets a drop. We had another player with us from a different guild, and they mentioned that their guild also has not recieved anything from scalis in quite some time.

7. I believe this is the typical pattern. When Stygian Abyss came out, we would get a major drop off Abyssal Infernal about 1 in ever 2-3 trips. Now the drop rate is similar to other champs. I think this is a fair way to keep the market from getting flooded artifacts & drops.

8. yanaki2

yanaki2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

its a fine method as long as the devs dont mind the fact that when they do these changes it makes doing them a waist of time so just like all the other cool encounters its now just a giant waist of time and resources as no one but a small handfull will ever bother to do it anymore.

9. red sky

red sky Sage
    Stratics Veteran

This.

10. Madrid

Madrid Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Where to the Scalis Drops occur? Do they pop into your pack or are they found on the corpse?

I just did two and got nada...gonna try a few more.

11. SashaSeeks

SashaSeeks Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

They used to drop in your back pack.

12. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I do not see nothing fair at all in starting with frequent drops and then reducing them for those players who come later.

I mean, there can be a number of reasons why some players cannot be early birds including difficulties in purchasing the booster right from day one.

Having drops start frequent and get them reduced only creates a bonus for those players who stocked up the new items while they were dropping often so that they can then sell them to outrageoused other players who are having a hard time getting them because the drop rate was reduced.

Hardly anything fair here, IMHO.

It should be the other way around, instead, start always with a reduced drop rate and then adjust it slowly, increasing it a little at a time since the right balance is found.

This would be a much fairer way to do it, IMHO.

13. Madrid

Madrid Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I just did 3 more Scalis totaling 5 all together and on my 5th Scalis a small Soul Forge Deed popped into my pack!:drool::party:

1 for 5 isn't too shabby compared to other experiences.

Twisted Weald and Labyinth I've had many stretches of 0 for 10 or 0-12. On one particular shard I went 0 -70 on the Glade Spawn.

Wyvern Renown I'm currently 0-60.

So Osiredon the Scalis....well I'm not complaining.

14. Madrid

Madrid Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Did one more....Scalis #6 Leviathan Hide Bracers!

2 for 6!:thumbsup:

15. Lucivius

Lucivius Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I have been camping renown Acid Elemental in hopes of getting Breastplate of the Bezerker drop. Well over 50 runs with zero drops so far.

16. Skrag

Skrag Visitor

Stuff like this makes me not want to bother.

17. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah drop rates are always high, then reduced. Things like doom, peerless, ronowneds, i just have fun killing em and if i get something cool then its an added bonus.

18. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

We all been pounding the waters fishing. The drop rate of the pearl and delicate scales seems to be less. So went and tested the Shame Dulls for CBR drop rate. It all seems to be less then was.

I does seem the drop rate when anything is new is high and then adjusted. If they known at the start of the artifact introduction that there would be so many in the future, and the cookie cutter suits, there may have been lower amount of arties in the game. Look at all the armor and weapons in the game to date. Now how cool would it be to date that only 100 instead of 2000 AoF had ever been earned. If Imbuing had been around with the launch of AoS I'm sure they could of had more fun with with the drop rate and mods on arty.