1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

dropping anchor question

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lorddog, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

does dropping the anchor for the new quest to get the special items need any specifics?

I already got the quest wearable items but went back and bought and dropped 50-60 anchors off shore to try to get the special items (golden fishing pole etc)

is there any special needs that I am not meeting?
    I am on siege so we only have the 1 land.
    also I am dopping it off shore of trinsic, vesper and new mag.
    many times nothing comes up and nothing pops into my backpack.

am I wasting $$ or just need to do it some more? or do I need fishing on?

2. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Well, I tried around a hundred salvage hood with over 2500 luck and got nadda. But, the Devs are on record as saying luck is functional in a lot of the quest. I can only imagine it helps in getting the fishing pole yet I know of one person who snagged one with very little luck if any at all..... so like with everything else RL actual luck plays a huge role lol

3. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

so it is confirmed that this is fake - nothing can be pulled up except the quest item 1 time?

4. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

No
    No. Incorrect on both. The quest item can be pulled up many times, even after completing the entire quest arc. I have dropped many of them off at where the quest starts. Also, the Golden fishing pole is not a confirmed fake, it is a confirmed Easter Egg included in the publish. It can be fished up during the first part of the quest or after you have completed the arc as well.

For those who may not know Kyronix is a UO Associate Dev.

#4 Kylie Kinslayer, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013