1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Player News) Dry Looter

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Boondocker, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Boondocker

Boondocker Adventurer

New Players be aware;

Not all are honorable. I have been here on siege Perilous for about two weeks? Give or take.
    Starting a new character, all skills to low to mention.

It would seem that makes me an easy target for some. Any way I was dry looted by Tom McClure [A].

I remember doing the reading on Siege that this is a rare event. Most folks are honorable.
    I think this is true.

I checked my corpse, there was nothing left. Not that I had anything of value.

[​IMG]

2. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

People die on Siege. Dont take it personal and you´ll be fine. ;)

3. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Its called Siege PERILOUS for a reason. Consider that your official welcome to Siege, dust yourself off and hang on to your sense of humor.

Welcome! :hug:

QueenZen likes this.
  4. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

If ya need another suit - yell for Sir AJ in game

startle and Boondocker like this.
  5. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

um what does honor have to do with looting you dry? ?? If you need some pieces ask around I am sure there are players who will help you out, as I would but, dying and losing your stuff is a part of life :-(

6. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

Sometimes its just a way of welcoming you.. If you need some gold and a suit I would be more than happy to help. No matter who it is, do not let them get to you! Have fun and be free spirited!

Boondocker likes this.
  7. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I think you're supposed to join NEW or NEW2 so you have a free pass month from getting attacked or looted or some honorable thing like that.

-Lorax

8. Troop

Troop Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

It happens sometimes. Build up your skills and turn the page. People here will help you to get started. Welcome aboard!

#8 Troop, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  9. Igg A Pie

Igg A Pie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Brave Amateurs B^A

welcome to siege! if you need some help just ask. there are plenty of people willing to help you.

Boondocker likes this.
  10. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

Keep a list. You may find that you will end up friends with people you would bet you would have a long grudge against. Others you will simply relish getting even with one day.

startle, Boondocker, Kat and 2 others like this.
  11. Zalfein

Zalfein Journeyman
    The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Welcome to Siege!

When you get dry looted, just ask nicely for your stuff back. Don't complain, scream, demand, etc., just stay friendly, don't say anything negative.
    Most will give your stuff back. For the others, just smile and write their names down.

Zalfein

12. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

One problem here, NEW2's leaders can't be on anytime, both me and my leaders have limit time in game so in some time zones, it can be very difficult to find a NEW2 leader who can join a new SP player.
    I do believe most do go easy on a new char, who die easy but sometimes we do have some very young evils too, who can't kill anything stronger than a newbie and may find even a newbies loot useful.
    As Zalfein said, try ask in gen chat, nicely if you can have some of your stuff back. If the killer do not want to return it, others will ask what you need and help you out.
    Welcome to Siege, I hope you will enjoy it here.

13. Troy McClure

Troy McClure Visitor

Thanks for the photo! I'm famous now. Probably not the best idea to stand unprotected in a public house, much less one to be a known base for thieves. Welcome to Siege.

14. Tazar

Tazar Guest

There ya go. Fixed it for you.

15. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

LoL the A does stand for something :)

Boondocker likes this.
  16. Tyrath

Tyrath Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nooooooooo Someone got murdered on Siege!

Victim of Siege and QueenZen like this.
  17. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

its funny seeing these posts looting is whats fun and different on siege my suggestion get a few suits up so ya got back ups
    2nd suggestion dont let it bother you because it will happen again this is siege perilous

18. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I would not call it a rare event, it may be for some, where others always get looted.
    When you die, your stuff belong to the killer and it's his choice to loot all, loot something or not loot.
    The killers honor, compassion and needs together with the victims reputation effect the level of looting.
    Respect are earned on Siege so a nobody easier get dry looted than a person with a good reputation.
    A little roleplay may pay off, where pancakes and crying will make it worse.
    Best thing to do is to expect to get looted, then be happy for the stuff you get to keep.
    If you always keep a spare suit and tools in your bank, it will be easier to get back to playing. Running around in death robe looking for a new suit is not fun but as soon you are in new gear, you feel much better.

Spiffykeen and Tjalle like this.
  19. Marquis de Sade 209

Marquis de Sade 209 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

yeah....shocker...

20. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

:) Sorry I can not resist. :) It is Siege, think of death and dry looting even; as a *social occasion* and you'll be fine. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:)

You will do fine here !!

:thumbsup:

#20 QueenZen, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    Lorax_Pacific likes this.
  21. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

Honor. Pah. What good is honor when you're laying on your back, staring at the cold, unforgiving sky, as a dog feasts upon your room temperature manbits?

Skills. As if the numbers matter. All that you needed was available to you. A wide open field, and the adrenaline of the hunt.

Your "skills" are just tools at your disposal.

That isn't what made you an easy target. Being an easy target is what made you an easy target.

A predator attacked a faltering fawn and feasted upon his justly earned innards. The blame lies with the prey, not the predator for doing what predators do.

Yes, some cling to honor. Others simply have no use for the prized toys of a fledgling and will leave them for scavengers.

But make no mistake, the niceties of civilization are a facade to make people feel better. The reality of it is that Siege Perilous is a brutal, unforgiving land where might makes right.

You can either wail to the unfeeling heavens for pity, or you can learn from your mistake, rip off your shirt, and throw your rippling ab muscles once more into the fray.

Remember this day. It will either be the first in a long series of painful memories, or you will one day look back upon it and laugh, with the deep, throaty laugh of a man who has tested himself against the worst the universe could throw at him and found it wanting.

Why would you have anything of value? Go out into the wilderness a boy, and come back a man. I see that you have spell icons on your screen. Get them out of your viewable area and hotkey the ones that matter. Siege bless a mage weapon. Go kill wildlife until your magery is at 70. Skin and cut the leather, sell it to somebody and bank the gold. Get yourself a few LRC suits and move on to bigger game.

While you do this, be prepared for people to try to kill you. After all, you now have something of value, and if you wish to keep it you must match wits against those that would take it from you.

You will not be likely to survive a one on one. This is fine, for the unforgiving lands of Siege Perilous can be bent to serve you, if you have the ingenuity. Run to the ant holes, and use them to kill your pursuer. Run them over some acid and then turn to fight by hitting them with mind blasts.

Learn the locations of the powerful creatures. Learn the art of pre-casting invisibility and running up to a dragon. Learn when to make your stand, learn when to run, and learn from your mistakes. You will make many. Death is the ultimate teacher.

Fine. He killed you. He took your meager possessions.

But has he defeated you? Or merely given you a name to remember while you burn away the impurities of your flesh in the forge that is Siege?

Luka Melehan, kelmo and the_gooch like this.
  22. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*begins the long slow solo clap*

23. Rizarium

Rizarium Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Arrr & Yarr Pirates!

Oops that a golf clap

#23 Rizarium, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  24. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

25. The Cheapsuit

The Cheapsuit Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

LOL love it! To the new guy...just go naked man it always worked for me. :)

26. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

It's too bad that put an end to your promising career as an orthodontist, Cheapie. I always believed in you.

27. Sal Manail1

Sal Manail1 Adventurer

DRY LOOTED????? What has this shard become. I may just drop my houses and go back to WOW.

Amber Witch likes this.
  28. Amber Witch

Amber Witch Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Gilfane

Can I have my newbie suit back pretty please? :rolleyes:

29. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

Not Fair! Who is suppose to guard all my favorite dungeon spots!? No! your not allowed to!

30. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

Best.
    Quote.
    Ever.

OK, rule number one: Don't come on the forums and whine. That is painting a target on you back. If you need help, yes, ask for help, both in game and on the forums.

Rule number two: Don't take sides in anything. Ever. Do not get involved in player spats. This time next month, power and influence will change and you'll be out of friends. I don't mean RP. Thats a different matter.

Rule three: do not go outside until you can replace your wardrobe three times over. Then if you do get drylooted, it won't matter. It won't hurt. The PKs lose thier power over you. No noteriety given.

Rule number four: if any staff member comes up to you and asks if you want to become a reporter.......say no. Seriously. :ohsnap:

Amber Witch likes this.
  31. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

I'm a reporter..

32. Flair

Flair Lore Keeper
    OrderOfDrunkenElders

Is this where you tell me I told you so... :p

#32 Flair, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  33. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable