1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Dryad allure creatures?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by lancelot99, Sep 13, 2012.

1. lancelot99

lancelot99 Guest

With the advent of the new dungeons and new monsters, what is the best humanois creature that can be allured?

I was thinking the looters from the chaos citadel remains? or crzy mages from shame?
    What about orks from covetous lev 3/4 (not void pool) ?

2. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

mages in shame cannot be allured. Graverobbers in ilshenar are gone, and doubt they could have been allured. Orcs from covetous any level cannot be allured.
    They would be nice to have as allured pets for pvm but would cause too many problems with pvp.

3. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I'm pretty sure you can allure humanoids from Covetous level 3. In my tests, however, the arctic ogre lord is still tops overall. We had spellweavers go grab the new creatures and set them to battling another allured arctic ogre lord and the ogre lord won each battle. Next most powerful is probably the titan from covetous.

4. Xalan Dementia

Stratics Veteran

hmm i just tried a few humanoids in lvl 3 covetous and was told "Cannot be charmed"

5. Ashlynn_L

Ashlynn_L Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You can allure the new ogre and troll monsters in Wrong. Being big sacks of hit points, they are actually quite useful.

6. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Hmm, that must've been changed when the void pool ones got changed. :( Pity, they were fun to play with.

7. lancelot99

lancelot99 Guest

Aww, i knew about artic ogre lords, but was hoping for something stronger (due to the insane strength of the new critters). As is, a mage needs a meat shield (rc/ev) to function in pvm, otherwise its cast disrupt poison disrupt, run away and heal, back cast, disrupt etc ... So i was hoping to have one of the new critters as a meat shield to use for venturing into the new dungeons.
    Guess i'll stick to either my Tamer or sammy (or be forced to make a mage/spellweaver/mystic for RC).

8. Xalan Dementia

Stratics Veteran

ive been trying out the cave troll from new wrong, around 2k hp, not too much damage but a decent tank. thx for the tip ashlynn

9. lancelot99

lancelot99 Guest

Not tried one of those.. i'll give it a go tomorrow :) (Would Arcane empowerment make them hit harder?)
    How about meer eternals? or the named Rat mage in sanctuary?

#9 lancelot99, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2012
  10. Xalan Dementia

Stratics Veteran

something id like to see is a group of weavers, one dryad allures a meer eternal, and others allure the meer mages. Would the mages still assist the eternal with heals and buffs like they do in the wild?

as for the named rat in sanctuary, i doubt it but ill look into it

*checked rat mage in sanctuary, not able to charm

#10 Xalan Dementia, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  11. lancelot99

lancelot99 Guest

That sucks ... So i guess back to tamer or sampire for pvm then ...

12. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Meer eternals are kind of fun but they do that explosion thing where they hit you with area effect and it sucks.

13. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, Meer Eternals are odd. They self-destruct when using their life drain property and what is worse is you take a karma hit when they kill themselves. Also, ever since the new events have taken place, I haven't been able to allure Meer anymore. I haven't tried it recently however.

14. O'Brien

O'Brien Thought Police

Strategy in level 1 wrong for stealthy eval sdi weaver mage: wraith form, stealth in and allure a cave troll. Stealth and parade troll around while everything goes aggo on it. When you've got the troll surrounded with attackers, mow them all down with repeated chain lightnings.

Farm wrong faster than any other template I've seen. :pancakes:

Edit: Oh yeah, you want a slayer spellbook to do this.

#14 O'Brien, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  15. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

"They have a cave troll..."

"Lovely..."

(I think that's how that quote goes from the LotR movies)

#15 Basara, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012