1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Dryad Allure

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Solus, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Solus

Solus Guest

So Dryad Allure is pretty cool. I'm at about 112 sw. I'm trying to find the best possible charmable monster. Arctic ogre lords are ok, orcish brutes are also cool I guess. They're nothing too great though. Is there something really cool to charm out there, or is it just a fun but ultimately not a fantastic skill? Also, are the charmed creatures trainable at all?

2. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Arctic ogre lords are incredible pets, and the best you'll get from spellweaving.

A fun "pet" to try out is the Meer Eternal. But only if you're suicidal.

But it is fun!

You could train your allures, but since you lose them every time you log out, there's no point to it really.

3. Solus

Solus Guest

Right. I just didn't know if they followed the same rules under charm as everything else did training-wise. I'll go get me a meer eternal and walk round luna or something :p

4. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Do allured "pets" loose stats/skills after the alluring like for the tamed ones as versus their wild status ?

5. Solus

Solus Guest

Ya know, it seems like they do because my arctic ogre lord gets messed up.

6. Savage Ridgebacks (the riders) can heal you with bandages when charmed, theres also Meer Captains which use Chivalry and hit at range I think, neither of which are particularly strong just some stuff I found when messing with it once.

7. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Isn't there a named rat man that has like 400 HP? It's found at sacrifice I believe...

I think it is a caster as well.

8. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Every time we pit an allured Arctic Ogre lord against an allured Ogre Lord, the Ogre Lord has more hp and usually beats the Arctic.
    But the Arctic is better you say? Is it cause of more balanced resistances?

9. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I think 'which is better' depends on what you are fighting. Arctic Ogre Lords have 100% poison resist.

10. Not sure, theres one underground in Sanctury called 'something The Toothed', though I don't think it's charmable.

11. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Thats the one I'm thinking of

12. mastodon

mastodon Guest

yeah "the toothed one" hes decent fighter but not really worth going into anything heavy with, his resists arent as good as AOG's. its as well jaunt to get to him with all the lethal traps about. really depends on what your fighting.
    an AOG would prolly be good against coil or miasma.ive used them in the tokuno thing against rune beetles, but they get burned from the mana dump more so then poison

13. Klapauc

Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Since when is Chiikaha the Toothed charmable again? Last time i tried some months ago i got the message that he cannot be charmed.
    Meer Eternals are only good for the looks,they go poof when they do their special attack.
    Plain Ogre Lords are probably the best allrounder with overall good resists and high hp,easy to keep alive.There is a niche for Arctic Ogre Lords because of 100% poison resist,but the non existent fire resists (they can be negative) and lower hp make them worse.