1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Dryad Alluring Covetous mobs

Discussion in 'UHall' started by G.v.P, Jun 10, 2012.

1. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I was excited to try and dryad allure a Cove 4 ogre only to find out that anything you allure will instantly despawn. I'm guessing that's the "fix?" If so, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Guess SW will go back on the stone in favor of mysticism again ;D.

Kylie Kinslayer and Sevin0oo0 like this.
  2. Mr. Smither1

Mr. Smither1 Seasoned Veteran

They were not a good "pet" anything you charmed would keep running to the void pool and the orge's area effect would nuke blues and all the summons would jump on the one you charmed.

3. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Well, my intentions were for boss fights ;P...I'd gate the LVL 4 ogres out for some fun ;P.

4. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

hehe

I tried for that 4k hp lvl 4 Titan myself. Too bad they decide they are better off without an owner. Titan with that many hp's, 160 skills and 85+ resists wouldd made almost everything easy :D

Best thing I have found to allure are the green trolls in Wrong. They aren't TOO shabby.

5. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I saw someone in Covetous today with an new Ogre charmed.

6. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

you say that like it's a bad thing....

G.v.P and Sauteed Onion like this.
  7. O'Brien

O'Brien Thought Police

^this

Dyrad allure is already OP and underused, IMO.

You need what, 75 skillpoints for dyrad allure, and can allure Wrong cave trolls (good hp and resists), and can't be dispelled, doesn't time out until you logout. Tamers use more skillpoints and time for that.

8. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

yeah but w/ wrong you got to at least walk the guy out. takes a lil skill :p.

used to run the rat mage @ sanctuary out through tunnel and use him for fun, hehe. but aside from the arctic ogre lords, meh.

wonder if a dispelled colossus would still do more DPS w/ armor ignore than a charmed Cove 4.

9. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Or if you die.

10. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It is balanced with tamers. You can't stable them, they can't recall with you, if you die and have to wander far for a res, they'll vanish on you. The most powerful creature you can allure is still the Arctic Ogre Lord (pending tests against the Titan Hurler) and it is nowhere near comparable to the pets Tamers can have. I mean 50 taming gets you a high plains boura.

11. O'Brien

O'Brien Thought Police

True, but it takes you less than 5 minutes to get a new cave troll from Wrong.

It probably depends on the application, but I've found cave trolls unrivaled among the allures when it comes to performing as a meat shield. 2000+ hp, and good resists. That sounds great to me for 75 skillpoints invested. Arctic ogre lords and high plains bouras have less than 1/4 that hp. Haven't tried the new Covetous allures.

75 spellweaving also has other perks, even without bothering to get an arcane focus. I've found Nature's fury, Gift of life, Reaper form useful.

50 taming, no lore?

12. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

it's been awhile since I've used an arctic ogre lord but they probably do more damage and they have 100% poison resistance, which is fairly useful. cave trolls have 130 wrestle and are much better tanks overall with the amount of HP they have, but they have horrible DPS. at least we have another choice, now. I think I'll stick with rising colossus ;P but not a bad pet. hungry ogres have half the hp of the troll and twice the dps. hmm. i'll do a quick sample.

TOTAL RESISTS
    cave troll: 340
    hungry ogre: 331
    arctic ogre lord: 250

TOTAL HP
    cave troll: 2106
    hungry ogre: 1111
    arctic ogre lord: 484

DAMAGE
    cave troll: 31.73
    hungry ogre: 48.03
    arctic ogre lord: 111.93

13. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It takes you less than 5 minutes to get bouras too. I'm not sure how much lore is required for the high plains boura, but lowland bouras aren't that much weaker and they have pack instinct. What's more, SA characters with no taming can control them. I've often tamed and released them on a herder-tamer template so I can lead a pack of formerly tamed bouras into battle.

We've fought the new allures against allured AOLs. The AOLs beat the hungry ogres and cave trolls pretty handily. When the battle is done, the AOLs are down to about half their hit points. As GvP says, the damage output of the Cave Trolls is pretty poor. The Hurling Titan won its battle against the AOL, but it was redlined at the end.

Yes, spellweaving has many handy spells, but they are a pain to find. Furthermore, unlike taming, spellweaving can't be boosted with jewelry. You have to factor all this in when you're talking about balance.

Mirt and Kylie Kinslayer like this.