1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] Dual hit spell on weapons warning

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by DB of Cartel, Oct 24, 2009.

1. DB of Cartel

DB of Cartel Guest

Do NOT try to put two hit spells on the same weapon, it will replace the first one with the second one, and you don't get the ingredients back from the first one.

For example, in this case; put hit fireball on a weapon, then tried to put hit harm on the same weapon as the 5th factor, and it replaced the fireball with the harm.

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

This has been known that this would happen since before SA went into testing - that Hit spell effects, slayers, and skills within a skill group, would replace each other, if you tried to add a second of that type (so no making double slayers, but one can change the top slayer to something else, or remove it by imbuing it with the second's type; you can't have magery & music, both group 5 skills, on the same bracelet; and only one hit spell, per weapon).

The only items with two hit spells are some recipe items made before a nerf went in a year or two ago, and the nerf was because two hit spell effects were unbalancing in PvP.

3. Serine

Serine Guest

exept bowss can have spell and velocity

4. What about the hit area mod versus hit spell? I assume it is not in the same group as a hit spell, since I find it on loot weapons.

5. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

Hit Spell and Hit __ Area are two independent properties. You can have both on a weapon. Hit __ Area properties will also over write each other, so you cannot have multiple Hit __ Areas on the same weapon.

Stayin Alive,

BG

6. DB of Cartel

DB of Cartel Guest

My imbuer and I didn't see anything on this prior to making this weapon, guess we just missed it somewhere. but if this reminder post (for those that knew about, and those that didn't) saves one person I'm happy with it.

7. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Also read the top of the gump when you are selecting the intensity. It will tell you if any properties are being replaced.

8. RaistlinNowhere

RaistlinNowhere Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

where can i check the skill groups?

9. Basara

Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Raistlin:

They are in this forum (as a sticky), as well as a sticky in Player's Corner, and in the Guide to imbuing in the Stratics main page.

10. Basara

DB: The fact that one could no longer have two hit spells on a weapon goes back to publish LONG before SA - it also effectively made it to where one probably can't create double slayers with recipes & runics anymore,